Lithuania - Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The applicant shall submit an application for the opening of the file, the civil registry office shall obtain civil status records copies of which will be replaced by the name or surname.
Once the required information to the registrar body draws the conclusion proposing to change the name or leave them unchanged.
This finding, together with the file sent to the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania, which is approved by the conclusion in the case.
All requests to provide civil registration issues online!
- Join the Registry Information System for MEPIS.
- Complete and submit the application.
- Get an answer.
- Come to the civil registry office to pick up a document (keep all the documents attached to the original request).
- Personal identification document;
- Appropriate the record of registration certificates, which will be replaced by the name or nationality;
- Power of attorney, if the applicant is an authorized representative or person.
- Payment order or receipt confirming payment of the state fee. These documents shall be submitted, if the application has been submitted online and paid through e-government goal.
Office Locations & Contacts
The city of Vilnius Civil Registry Division
Address: Kalinausko g. 21, 03107 Vilnius
Tel: (8 5) 233 47 20
List of Civil Registry Offices
Lithuanian representations abroad
The application may be submitted in person, through an agent or consular office.
A minor child can change the name. The name of a minor child may be replaced by one of the parents' last name.
12 Euro (42 Lt)
If the application is submitted online, the online registry service MEPIS information system, we recommend that the state fee paid only after approval of the performance of the service and correctly formatted payment order. Confirmation of the performance of the service, you can receive e-mail. mail or SMS text message. This avoids potentially incorrect payments.
Incorrect payment reasons:
- Improper Payment code. Payment of the state fee payment order must be code contributions of the municipality, which carries out the request. There may be cases where the request is one of the municipalities, and enforced in another.
- For an application does not need to pay because the service may be denied.
- Paid the wrong amount. There may be cases where the request is not made, and then paid the wrong amount.
Payment must indicate the data of the person on whose behalf the request is not a relative or another person's data.
Recipient: State Tax Inspectorate under the Ministry of FM
Beneficiary's code: 188659752
Account number: LT247300010112394300
Reference No.: Contributions can find codes to each of the Civil Registry office contacts
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
The application must be considered not later than within 2 months from the date of application. If necessary, restore lost the record or receive from foreign institutions or state archive of civil status records transcripts, certificates, civil registry office decision of the head this time limit may be extended for up to 4 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Women's names changed (provided) in accordance with the State Lithuanian Language Commission in 2003. 26 June. No. N-2 (87) Resolution on women's names, making ", which does not provide that a woman can have a masculine form of the name.
- Name and surname
- Contact details
- Chosen name
- Marital status
- If you have minor children, provide the name, address, birth date and place)
Need for the Document
This service includes civil status record the change, after the addition of name or nationality replacement, name, nationality certificate and the corresponding change in the record registration of certification.
Information which might help
Civil Registry office:
- registers of births, marriages, divorces, adoptions, paternity recognition of paternity (maternity), contest, name, nationality amendment death;
- in the accounts of the church (confessions) procedure established by the existing marriages in foreign countries concluded civil status acts;
- supplement, amend, correct, withdraw it restores civil status records;
- issued by the repeated acts of civil status registration certificates, civil status records transcripts, statements, copies of certificates of marital status to persons who intend to register the marriage in a foreign country.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
You may want to change your name because:
- You have just gotten married
- You have divorced
- You just want a change
- In case of adoption
The Ministry of Justice monitors the lawfulness of civil register entries at civil registry bodies and neighbourhoods, gives permission for changing forenames, surnames and nationality, provides methodical assistance to civil registry bodies, provides them with forms of civil registration certificates and civil register entries, and controls proper record-keeping and use thereof.