Lithuania - Apply for Minor Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- For citizens residing in Lithuania: Visit a Migration office.
For citizens residing in a foreign state: Visit a diplomatic mission or consular post.
- Submit the documents required in person. For persons who are legally incapable to appear in person, including those up to 1 year of age, or physically disable to attend personally, his guardian or other legal representative should submit the documents.
- Fill in the application form.
- Have your biometrics (photo and fingerprints) taken.
- Pay the fees.
- The passport can be collected by the citizen who applied for it personally at the Migration Department, migration office or consular post.
- At the request of a citizen who resides in a foreign state and at his expense, the consular post may send the passport to him by post or by other secure means.
- A passport can also be collected by a person authorized to do so by presentation of an authorization which has been notarized and a document proving the owner's identity.
- When collecting a new passport, a document confirming the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania to be replaced must be submitted. It is marked as invalid and is returned.
- The passport is declared invalid and is destroyed in accordance with the established procedure if the passport is not collected within one year after its issuance.
- application form (to be filled-in at the Migration Department, a migration office or the consular post)
- a document confirming the person's identity and citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania (passport, identity card)
- a valid passport of a citizen of a foreign state where an alien has acquired the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania
- two identical photos corresponding to the citizen's age (in the absence of technical possibilities of reading a person's facial image by means of biometric capture)
- a payment order certifying the fact of payment of the state fee and containing a bank stamp or a receipt, where a passport is issued or replaced according to the urgent procedure; or a document confirming the circumstances of exemption from this fee, where a citizen is exempted from the state fee according to the Law on Fees and Charges
- other documents, if necessary
Office Locations & Contacts
L. Sapiegos str. 1,
Phone: (+370 5) 271 7112 (reception)
Fax (+370 5) 271 8210
Lithuania citizens who are under the age of 18 are eligible to apply for a minor passport.
For citizens under the age of 18:
- According to the general procedure (within one month) LTL 75
- According to the urgent procedure within 5 working days from the day of the receipt of an application LTL 200
- According to the urgent procedure within 1 working day (24 hours) from the day (hour) of the receipt of an application LTL 250
- A citizen may pay the state fee for the issuance or replacement of a passport in any city (district) of the country regardless of the place of submission of documents.
- When paying the state fee for the services provided by migration offices, the payment code 5740 is indicated.
Lithuanian Passports are valid for up to ten years( for adults) and five years (for children from 516 years). For younger children, passports are valid for two years, which can be extended by a separate request for up to five years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
A passport is issued according to a general procedure which is not later than within one month upon the receipt of the documents at the Migration office. It can also be issued according to an urgent procedure which is within one working day (24 hours) or five working days from the receipt of the documents.
Cases in which a passport is not issued or replaced in accordance with the urgent procedure:
- A citizen has lost a document confirming the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania, which is a requirement to be submitted for the issuance or replacement of the passport.
- There are doubts concerning the persons data, his identity or the authenticity of a document confirming the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania as submitted by the citizen.
- It transpires that the issue of the persons citizenship has not been resolved according to the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Citizenship or it is established that the issue of the persons citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania has been resolved in violation of the requirements of this Law
- The citizens name (names) or surname, sex, data of birth, place of birth, personal number have changed and it is established that these data have not been changed in the Residents Register or that the Residents Register contains no data on the citizen.
- A passport is not issued and is not replaced according to the urgent procedure to a citizen who resides in a foreign state, where he submits documents for the issuance of the passport to a consular post.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Persons from 12 years of age should submit their fingerprints for processing.
- A passport can be issued without the signature to a citizen who has not reached the age of 14 or who is unable to sign due to physical disability or legal incapacity.
- The documents must be submitted by one of the parents or foster parents subject to presentation of a document confirming his identity or by a guardian or a representative of a social care establishment subject to presentation of the documents confirming his appointment as a guardian or representation and a document confirming his identity.
- When the parents of the child are divorced, the application should be submitted by one of the parents with whom the child resides and is subject to presentation of a document confirming his identity.
- If neither any of the parents nor a guardian of a citizen under 18 years of age submits an application and other documents, the passport may be issued to him or replaced taking into consideration the interests of the child through the mediation of a state childrens rights protection service.
- A citizen from 1 up to 18 years of age must participate in lodging of an application in person. When submitting documents for the issuance or replacement of a passport for a citizen of up to one year of age, he needs not to appear in person to the Migration Department, a migration service or a consular post.
- Photo of passport holder
- Type (P for ordinary passports)
- Code of Issuing State (LTU)
- Passport No.
- Given Names
- Date of Birth
- Personal No.
- Place of Birth
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Holder's Signature
Need for the Document
A Minor Lithuanian Passport is issued to a citizen under 18 years of age. It also serves as a valid travel document for children in Lithuania.
Information which might help
Persons who are exempted for the payment of the state fee for the issuance of a passport:
- the persons entitled to cash social assistance according to the procedure laid down by laws
- the children placed under guardianship or custody
- the persons maintained by the state in in-patient care homes
- the single persons who have attained the pensionable age
- the persons whose capacity for work has been rated at 0-40 per cent
- the persons who have attained the pensionable age and are rated as having high-level or medium-level special needs according to the procedure *laid down by legal acts
- the persons under 18 years of age for whom a disability level has been established
- the persons who, under the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on the Legal Status of Victims of the 1939-1990 Occupations, are recognized as *having the legal status of a victim of the occupations who has suffered from repressions
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Migration Department: http://www.migracija.lt/index.php?-1901205309
More information which might help people.