Kitui - Pay Electricity Bill
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Carry the electricity bill invoice to the electricity board office of your area.
- Pay the amount in cash at the counter.
- You can also pay using cheque Draft.
- You will get an acknowledgement for your payment, keep it handy.
- You can pay using your own mobile money account
- Go to menu on your mobile phone
- Check for services
- Chose electricity
- Select the service you want to pay for and enter your electricity account number
- insert the amount you want to pay
- Send and wait for the confirmation
There are several other ways of paying your electricity:
a) Paying your Electricity Bill with M-Pesa (Safaricom)
- 1.Select Pay Bill from the M-Pesa menu.
- 2.Enter the Kenya Power business number 888 888.
- 3.Enter your full Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456-01.
- 4.Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between KShs. 100 and KShs.35,000.
- 5.Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
- 6.Confirm that all details are correct.
- 7.You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
b) Paying your Electricity Bill with Airtel Money (Airtel)
- 1.Select Airtel Money from the menu.
- 2.Click on "Make Payments".
- 3.Select "Paybill".
- 4.Choose Kenya Power Bill for postpaid bill OR Kenya Power Prepaid for purchase of tokens.
- 5.Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- 6.Enter your Airtel Money PIN.
- 7.Under the reference option, type your full Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456-01.6Confirm that all details are correct.
- 8.You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
c) Cash Payment
- As a rule, all cash payments should be made at Kenya Power's authorized pay points which are located within official premises and the paying counters clearly marked CASHIER.
d) Postal Corporation of Kenya
- You can also pay your bill in any of the over 200 post offices countrywide.
e) Uchumi Supermarkets
- Selected Uchumi supermarkets are additional alternative paying points. They include:
- Uchumi Capital Centre
- Langata Hypermarket
- Ngong Hypermarket
f) ATM Payments
- If you have an account with Co-operative Bank, Postbank or Standard Chartered Bank, you may also pay your bill through any of these banks *Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs).
g) Bank Payments
- You may also pay your electricity bill by cash through appointed Co-operative Bank branches in Nairobi.
- Additionally, you can pay your electricity bill at any branch of the following banks countrywide.
- National Bank of Kenya (at no extra cost)
- Postbank (at no extra cost)
- Barclays Bank of Kenya
- Co-operative Bank
- Standard Chartered
- Postal Corporation of Kenya (at no extra cost)
- h) Cheque Payments
- Cheques may be deposited in designated boxes in pay centers and at specific business premises appointed by Kenya Power to serve as drop-off points.
Bill from the previous month. (not mandatory as long as you know the meter number)
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
Nyayo house ,23rd floor
Kenyatta Avenue, Nairobi
Telephone: 020 310112, Tel: 020 2228314, Tel: 0726 993 292
- Kenya Power Head Office
Stima Plaza, Kolobot Road, Parklands
P.O. Box 30099-00100, Nairobi
Tel: 3201000/3644000, 0711031680/0732111680
Emergency number: 0732111000/0711031000
- Kenya Power Kitui Branch,
Kitui Teachers Sacco Building,
P.O. Box 476-90200,
Emergency no.: 020-2515009
- Kenya Power Mwingi Branch,
Garissa Road, Opposite Catholic Parish, Mwingi
P.O Box 663,
Emergency no.: 044-822094
- Anyone receiving electricity should be aged 18 years of age
- You should own a building, land or own an agreement in case you don't own land or building.
The amount stated in the electricity bill
It is valid for one month
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Please note that it takes 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your account using a mobile payment system
- The transaction takes 24 hours to be updated using a mobile money system
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can pay electricity bill in person and online using a mobile phone.
- You should have valid electricity bill particulars.
- You will require the electricity bill details
- The name of the consumer
- The account Number of the consumer
- The contact address and physical location
- Working telephone line or Mobile number
- The invoice to pay the bill.
Need for the Document
- Paying electricity bills has never been easier for Kenyans because the bills keep on soaring high making it a worry for many concerned consumers.
- It will be a welcome message if you can learn ways of paying you electricity bills and if there is an easy way to use electricity sparing and stop paying for it legitimately.
- When buying appliances ensure you need what you are buying so that you don't end up paying for anything to the companies for what you have not used or fired them for not utilizing their service.
- Any cost effective unit saved for proper electricity utilization generating electrical energy is worth patronizing.
- The owner of an apartment, land, building has to pay the electricity bill to the Kenyan government electricity body.
- The governing authority of the jurisdiction has the authority to levies the electricity bill to the owner in which the property is located.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.