Kinnaur - Transfer Ration Card (Smart Ration Card)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Transfer Ration Card (Smart Ration Card) in Kinnaur.
- PDS Smart cards are the digital version of ration booklets designed like an ATM card.
- Applicant shall apply in order to get smart cards in place of existing ration cards
- The respective ration shop that has the facility to register consumer request/application for issuance of smart card will accept application from the consumers to transfer their existing ration card to PDS smart card.
- Applicant shall apply with their respective ration shop for transferring traditional ration card to PDS smart card.
- Go to the respective shop and submit your ration card to obtain the application form.
- Link for contact: FPS dealer link please select the menu “DS Stake Holders >> In States >> FPS Dealers AND department of food
- Please complete the application form and attach all the required documents and submit it.
- The received application will be processed online by the authority. Please follow as per authority’s guidelines in completing the requirements (bio metric, photo and authentication) to finish applying.
- After successful processing, applicant will be provided with transaction id for the submitted application (same will be provided in the mobile number registered).
- This submitted application will be processed by the respective department.
- Applicant receives updates on the process.
- Once the process is successful, the issuance of ration card will take place in Smart Card format as notified as appropriate.
- If the application requires any scrutiny, respective authority will do the due diligence.
- User gets update on the phone as SMS
- Application form
- Existing Valid ration card.
- Address Proof (Water/Electricity/Telephone Bill)
- Bank Account Pass Book (to link account details)
- Voter identity card
- If on rent (Rent Receipt)
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Mobile number
- Mobile number and Email addresses (if available) may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- Aadhaar Card
- Always take original along with copy of document while applying.
- If authorities insist on further information or details please provide for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Block No. 42 AapurtiBhavan, Shimla Bypass, SDA Complex,
Kasumpti, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171009
Ph : +91 0177-2623749
Contact Link: contact link
- Those who have a valid ration card
- No fee to be paid
- Usually valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details (head of the family).
- Details of other family members and relation ship
- Date of Birth and age (of all the members).
- Address details.
- Occupation and designation of office held any
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- PDS smart card will be useful in reducing malpractice.
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. It has to be renewed before it gets expired.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
- There are different types of ration cards were issued based on eligibility
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.