Kinnaur - Renew Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Renew Ration Card in Kinnaur.
- The renewal process is same as for applying a new ration card.
- The ration card expires in five years.
- The renewal has to be done within two months or as per specified period of expiry.
- The respective FPS will announce about the ration card renewal. Applicant shall collect the application form for renewal from the FPS.
- Link for contact: link
- Usually the date, time and venue of the Camp for the return of filled-in form and photo capture session will be provided by the FPS.
- Go to the respective office and obtain the application form.
- Fill all the necessary information in the application as required and sign at appropriate places.
- Do not fill any wrong information, otherwise the officer of the department will reject your application form.
- Attach all required documents, and submit the application along with document to the authority.
- On accepting your application, authority or clerk will check the details and issue a receipt as acknowledgement.
- Please keep it safe for future reference.
- This submitted application will be processed by the department to issue the renewed ration card.
- If the application requires any scrutiny, respective authority will do the due diligence.
- The change of family head as per age criteria is applicable
- User gets update on the phone as SMS
- expired ration card should be submitted once the renewed ration card is issued.
- If the ration card is not renewed by the beneficiary then the ration card entry of the beneficiary is removed from the register.
- Application form
- Existing Valid ration card.
- Address Proof (Water/Electricity/Telephone Bill)
- Bank Account Pass Book
- If on rent (Rent Receipt)
- Surrender Certificate (In case of transferring from 1 Town/Gram Panchayat to another)
- Ration Card of previous residence (In case of transferring from 1 Town/Gram Panchayat to another)
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Mobile number or Email addresses (if available) may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant as per requirement.
- Income Certificate from the Village officer (required if income has been changed)
- Birth Certificate (for adding new children)
- Death certificate (deletion of members)
- Residential certificate (for address change only)
- Aadhaar Card
- Note: Always take original along with copy of document while applying.
If authorities insist on further information or details please provide for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Block No. 42 AapurtiBhavan, Shimla Bypass, SDA Complex,
Kasumpti, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171009
Ph : +91 0177-2623749
Contact Link: link
- Those who have a valid ration card
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Usually valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details (head of the family).
- Details of other family members and relation ship
- Date of Birth and age (of all the members).
- Address details.
- Occupation and designation of office held any
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. It has to be renewed before it gets expired.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
- There are different types of ration cards were issued based on eligibility
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help to make this process in Kinnaur can be obtained below.
More information which might help people