Kinnaur - Register a Land Or Property
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register a Land Or Property in Kinnaur.
To process in Tahsildars office
- One has to make sure that the property is owned by the person from whom the land is to be purchased.
- Tahsildars in the thasil function as Sub- Registrars.
- So, please apply for the EC (Encumbrance certificate – refer wikiprocedure.com for the procedure) with the registrar (Tahsildars Office) and get the EC.
- Link for Tahsildars office in the state : online link Please select the district name to reach the respective page and use the administrative setup Or select “About district” and then “administrative setup” followed by “Tehsil/Sub Tehsil” as per the option provided to get details of respective offices.
- To apply EC. Applicant has to go to the respective Tahsildars office and apply (If online process is available, then apply online) for EC as per authorities advice.
- If the results are satisfactory, then the documentation for registering the property shall be prepared.
- User shall Calculate Stamp Duty value using the following link : link
- Procure stamp paper for registration of land as per the arrived land value. The land valuation will be calculated based on the government value for the said area.
- Now approach the Tahsildars office and confirm the date for registration.
- You can get the schedule from the Tahsildars office for registering the land and on the scheduled date, buyer, seller and witnesses should go to the registrar office and wait for their turn.
- on the scheduled date, buyer, seller and witnesses should go to the registrar office and wait for their turn.
- On their scheduled slot, please follow as per authorities guidelines to process.
- Please produce your ID in original before the registrar along with the DD for the said amount to be paid to the seller.
- After verifying the details in-person, registrar will sign the respective order.
- Buyer, seller, witness should sign the registry as well as in the advised places of the document to finish the registration.
Note: All of whom involved in registration must carry originals of ID proof and address proof at the time of registration. National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) under the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP) on a pilot basis is implementing first instance for online registration of land records in Shimla (Urban) and Kumarsain tehsil of Shimla district.
- Encumbrance Certificate
- The original document bearing signature of all parties.
- Property details (survey number, surrounding land details, size of the land etc)
- Challan/DD evidencing payment of full stamp duty, transfer duty (if any),Registration fee and user charges.
- Property card.
- Proof of Identity of both seller and buyer and also the witness.
- PAN CARD
- Power of attorney (If an real estate agent or an individual in between seller and buyer)
- Aadhaar card
- Original Id proof and address proof to display before the registrar.
- Deed/Document to be registered (in case of partition or settlement or gift etc).
- Map of land.
- Valuation Certificate issued by the concerned Tahsildhar (as per requirement)
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate Of Land Records,
Block No 28, SDA Complex,
Kasumpati, Shimla H.P.
Link for contact: link1 and online link2 Please select the district name to reach the respective page and use the administrative setup Or select “About district” and then “administrative setup” followed by “Tehsil/Sub Tehsil” as per the option provided to get details of respective offices.
- Those who has land in their name.
- Those who are legal heirs of the deceased land owner.
- Authorized signatory / power of attorney.
- Registration fees and stamp duty are not same in all states of India.
- The stamp duty is established on the agreement value or the market value and may vary from property to property and place to place.
- EC fees, Document preparation charges are other charges incurred.
This registration is valid till the land is sold to someone.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Registration process at registrar office concludes on same day (If there was any inevitable situation it may happen on the next working day)
- Preparation of document and stamp duty ( exempted )
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply for the registration of deeds
- Owner details.
- Contact details.
- Address details.
- Document details.
Need for the Document
- The land registration process in India is governed by ‘Section 17’ under the Registration Act, 1908, applicable to whole of India.
- Registration of land is an important document to ascertain the title of the property.
- Land or property registration refers to the registration of the document, changes in ownership and other transaction involving immovable property. Whenever you purchase a land, it is imperative to get it registered with the concerned authority to ensure legal ownership and a title is guaranteed. This helps in reducing the risks related to frauds and assist in solving disputes with ease, in addition to creation and maintenance of an up-to-date public record.
Information which might help
- In any case, if there is a deficit in the stamp duty, the Tahsildar has all the rights to reject your registration procedure and registration documents.
- Your original ID is required on the date of registration for verification of authenticity and will be returned on the same day.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Register Land or Property: Register
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.