Kinnaur - Obtain a Liquor Posession Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Liquor Posession Permit in Kinnaur.
- In order to stock more than the prescribed quantity/amount of liquor for personal consumption, applicant has to apply for liquor possession permit with the State Excise Department.
- Link for contact details : Contact link AND link2
- Go to the license issuing authority to do the preliminary round of discussion for your need. Once the details (any updated changes in government policy) are clarified, please arrange all the requirements.
- An application form for liquor possession permit can be obtained from respective office on your visit Or can be a written one.
- Applicant shall apply to the issuing authority with completed application form along with required document and fees.
- Once the application is received, authorities will verify the details and provide applicant with receipt. Keep it safe for future transaction. Authorities will inform about the successive steps.
- After all the formalities are successful, applicant will be informed to collect the permit. Collect the permit from the authorities.
Note: Grant or rejection of permission is sole discretion of authorities.
- Application form.
- ID proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Residence proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Age proof
- Supporting document from statutory body
- Aadhar Card
- Notary attested Affidavit.
- Passport size photograph.
- Copy of Income tax.
- Contact number
Office Locations & Contacts
Excise & Taxation Department,
Government of Himachal Pradesh,
B-30, SDA Complex, Kasumpti,
Phone No's: (0177) 2621264/7 & 8
Tel. Fax: (0177) 2621835
Fax: (0177) 2621165
For contact details : online link
In case of individual,
- Above the age of 18 years.
- who is a citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (P.I.O.)
- a firm
- a company
- a society.
- The permit holder shall not use liquor except for personal consumption.
- Liquor should be obtained from an authorised dealer or hotel.
- Charges are not same in all states of India.
- Please pay as per the department amendment. Authorities while applying will guide in brief.
- Valid for a year and need to be renewed annually by making required payment as required.
- If the permit is granted for lifetime, then renewal will be done as per requirement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
for possession of liquor by individual for consumption.
Mr. ………………………………………….. (name), is hereby authorized to possess liquor and use it for personal consumption purpose in accordance with custom subject to the following conditions.
- The authority holder shall be bound by the state Liquor (Licence and permit) Rules and amendments from time to time in so far as they relate to him.
- Supply of liquor shall be obtained by the authority holder from a wholesale depot licensee in this state. The transport of the consignment of liquor from the supplying licensee to the premises of the authority holder shall be under cover of a transport permit in Form F.T.P.1 issued by the Assistant Commissioner.
- The quantity of liquor possessed under the authority shall not exceed ……..litres at any one time and the quantity used in a month shall not exceed ………….litres.
- liquor possessed under this authority may be used by the holder for consumption propose and for no other purpose.
- The authority holder shall maintain accounts in Form F.Ac.11. All bills of purchase of brandy together with transport permit shall be preserved in support of the accounts and produced for inspection on demand by any officer competent to inspect the authority.
Dated the ……………. Day of ………………….. 20………. Seal Collector District
- Processing time varies from 3 days to 10 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Excise Department is in charge of issuing Liquor Possession Permits.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- As per state excise rules in India, no person can stock more than the allowed quantity of liquor, wine, cider and beer and allowed quantity of Indian and foreign alcohol (rum, whiskey, vodka, gin) at home.
- Those hoping to stock more should apply for this license. There will be an annual payment for this license.
- Your state excise department will guide you with liquor possession limits.
Information which might help
- The permit guides the quantity of liquor to be possessed by the license holder for the period.
- If there were more than one liquor drinking person, the limit for stocking the required quantity of liquor will be advised by authorities.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.