Kinnaur - Obtain Liquor Possession Permit for serving in Special occassions
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Liquor Possession Permit for serving in Special occassions in Kinnaur.
- This permit is a Temporary permit meant for serving liquor by an individual to his guests on the occasion of family functions or festivals (except national and religious festivals) being organised in a Hotel, Community centre or any other place (booked / used for holding a function) where in liquor serving permit is not availed for the premises. This permit will be granted for a day or two if essential.
- Applicant has to apply with concerned district level excise authorities for this certificate.
- Link for contact details : Contact link AND link2
- Go to the license issuing authority of your area to do the preliminary round of discussion about the area you wanted to obtain the license. If the area proposed is accepted and the details (any updated changes in government policy) are clarified, please arrange all the requirements.
- An application form for liquor possession permit for serving on special occasion can be obtained from respective office on your visit or can be a written one.
- Applicant shall apply to the issuing authority with completed application form along with required document and fees.
- Once the application is received, authorities will verify the details and provide applicant with receipt. Keep it safe for future transaction. Authorities will inform about the successive steps.
- Inspection of place, if required will be done through police department. If there is review in fees amount, applicant has to pay accordingly.
- After all the formalities are successful, applicant will be informed to collect the permit. Collect the permit from the authorities.
- If required Collector with previous sanction of Excise Commissioner will sanction the permit.
Note: Grant or rejection of permission is sole discretion of authorities.
- Application form.
- ID proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Residence proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Age proof
- Booking/reservation slip of the place where function is to be organized.
- Invitation card for the function organised.
- Supporting document from statutory body
- Aadhar Card
- Rent Receipt
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity paid bill
- Property Tax Paid Receipt
- Applicants Photo
- Applicants Signature
Office Locations & Contacts
Excise & Taxation Department,
Government of Himachal Pradesh,
B-30, SDA Complex, Kasumpti,
Phone No's: (0177) 2621264/7 & 8
Tel. Fax: (0177) 2621835
Fax: (0177) 2621165
For contact details : online link
- In case of individual,
- Above the age of 18 years.
- Who is a citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (P.I.O.)
- a firm
- a company
- a society.
- The permit holder shall not use liquor except for the purpose mentioned.
- Liquor should be obtained from an authorised dealer or hotel.
- Charges are not same in all states of India.
- Please pay as per the department amendment. Authorities while applying will guide in brief.
Validity as specified on the permit
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
For possession of liquor by individual for use in family function and festival.
Mr ………………………………………….. (name), is hereby authorized to possess and serve liquor on special occasion. and use it for family function purposes in accordance with custom subject to the following conditions.
- The authority holder shall be bound by the state Liquor (Licence and permit) Rules and amended from time to time in so far as they relate to him.
- Supply of liquor shall be obtained by the authority holder from a wholesale depot licensee in this state. The transport of the consignment of liquor from the supplying licensee to the premises of the authority holder shall be under cover of a transport permit in Form F.T.P.1 issued by the Assistant Commissioner.
- The quantity of liquor possessed under the authority shall not exceed ……..litres at any one time and the quantity used in a month shall not exceed ………….litres.
- Liquor possessed under this authority may be used by the holder for family function or festivals and for no other purpose.
- The authority holder shall maintain accounts in Form F.Ac.11. All bills of purchase of liquor together with transport permit shall be preserved in support of the accounts and produced for inspection on demand by any officer competent to inspect the authority.
Dated the ……………. Day of ………………….. 19………. Seal Collector District..
- Processing time varies from 3 days to 10 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Excise Department is in charge of issuing Liquor Possession Permits.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- This permit is for a specific period and is considered as temporary.
- A special permit is required for serving liquor by an individual to his guests on some special occasion or function organized in a Hotel, Community Centre or any other place (booked / used for holding a function).
- As per government policy, Liquor is sold / served with provision of certificate and licensing. On demand for a temporary need one can avail liquor possession permit for the place he/she needs to serve.
Information which might help
- The permit guides the quantity of liquor to be possessed by the license holder for the period.
- Applicant has not been convicted of any offence.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.