Kinnaur - Obtain Caste Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Caste Certificate in Kinnaur.
- In order to apply for caste certificate, applicant has to go to the respective Sub divisional office.
- Link for the office contact details: Link please hit the name of the district to reach the respective portal. In the given home page, select menu option “ABOUT DISTRICT” > “Who’s Who” for contact information.
- Application form can be obtained from the office while applicant visits. OR Applicant shall write an application on a A4 paper.
- Submit the completed application form along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted, will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This document and details will then reach thasildhar.
- Thasildhar will ask his authorities to do investigation and do ground level verification for the details submitted.
- After due verification authorities will submit their report to thasildhar.
- Based on the report submitted, Thasildhar will decide to issue the caste certificate.
- Note :
- Certificate will be dispatched or handed over directly as per the request made while applying by applicant. Mostly handover in office will be in practice to get counter signature from applicant for the delivered certificate.
- In case of any specialised classes, that covers government subsidy and reservation, a notice will be propagated in the applicants residing area to see if there is any objection for the applicant arises.
- Use the following link to find the centre. Link: Contact link
- Please go the respective office.
- Application can be obtained from the authorities. Please pay for application form as authorities quote.
- Submit the complete application along with required documents to the operator in the centre.
- Operator will check the details and start to process online using the computer.
- Applicant will get the transaction ID for the application made. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed by the respective department as per how it will be processed in person.
- Applicant will get notification about the status on his registered mobile number that was provided while applying.
- Applicant has to go and meet the respective authorities upon notification with documents as instructed to get the certificate as per notified date.
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link: link
- In the given page, please select “Department-wise List of Services” tab to get next page.
- Please select “Caste (SC/ST) Certificate” option under “Revenue department”
- Here, use the “new registration” option to register to login or use the guest/new user option to fill the prompts and proceed.
- If registered, please provide the user id and password and other prompts and finally hit submit to initiate the process.
- Please follow the page prompts and hit respective tabs to apply online.
- Application form
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- School leaving certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Voter ID (if available)
- Ration Card
- Certificate from Panchayet/municipality
- BDO certificate
- Residence proof
- Family land document
- Family member’s caste certificates
Office Locations & Contacts
Urban Development Department
Palika Bhavan, Talland, Shimla - 171002,
Himachal Pradesh, India
Ph : +91 0177-2626518
Contact Link: Contact link and Link please hit the name of the district to reach the respective portal. In the given home page, select menu option “ABOUT DISTRICT” > “Who’s Who” for contact information.
CSC contact link : Contact link
- Applicant must belong to reserved category (Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Other backward Community) to apply for that category.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant must be residing in the state.
- Applicant should have completed age of 3 years to apply for community certificate.
- Note : Please check all eligibility criteria, check-list of documents required to apply for community certificate.
- Please pay as authorities quote while applying.
- For online, please pay as per prompt while processing.
- Usually Certificate is valid for entire life
- Valid for mentioned period of time on the certificate (counted from the date of issuance of certificate)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 60 days and above.
- Based on category applied and to check the authenticity, processing time varies.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father/Husbands Name
- Sex (M/F)
- Residential Address
- Ration Card No (Copy to be enclosed)
- School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate(Copy to be enclosed)
- Details of Community Certificate of Parents
- Details of School Certificates of Parents
- Date of application
Need for the Document
- Community Certificate is also known as caste certificate. Community certificate is a legal proof of community that the person to whom it is being issued belongs to reserved community like scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward classes.
- Caste certificate is an important certificate to avail certain benefits provided by Government for the socially backward communities in education and employment opportunities for their betterment.
- Students especially require the caste certificates to secure their seat in institution
- This is valid for securing admission in all Educational Institutions and other professional institutions and also for employment.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- An individual cannot change his / her caste once he/she issued the caste certificate. However, while converting into another religion, the class may change necessitating a new caste/community certificate.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a community certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.