Kinnaur - How to obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to How to obtain a Birth Certificate in Kinnaur.
- In order to obtain a birth certificate, an individual (parent or guardian) has to register birth within 21 days of birth by…
- Informing it to the local authorities who are meant for recording such events – In case of birth in house.
- Regular update of hospital maintained registers by medical record officer - If the birth takes place at a dispensary/hospital.
- If the registration is made after 21 days, then applicant has to provide additional documents as provided under required document section along with penalty.
- To apply for the birth certificate, approach the respective municipal corporation / Gram panchayat concerned .
- Download the application form from the given link : Form Link
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the application to the authorities along with the required documents.
- Following link provides contact details: link
- Collect the acknowledgment slip after submitting the form. Applicant may be asked to pay for the process depending upon the applicable payment norms with respect to the applicable period of application.
- Use the acknowledgment slip to obtain birth certificate from the office as per notified period.
Apply through CSC
- Applicant shall approach the CSC centre to apply for birth certificate.
- Link for contact : Contact link
- Applicant shall obtain the application applicable from the centre staff. If required please pay for the form as advised.
- Complete the application form and submit it along with required documents to the staff for processing.
- Authority will process the application through computer and issue the application number along with acknowledgement receipt. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally.
- Once the certificate is ready, applicant can get it from Centre where it was applied in person after notification as applicable.
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link: link
- In the given page, please select “Department-wise List of Services” tab to get next page.
- Please select “Birth registration and certificate” option under “Panchayat raj department / Urban development department”
- Here, use the “new registration” option to register to login or use the guest/new user option to fill the prompts and proceed.
- If registered, please provide the user id and password and other prompts and finally hit submit to initiate the process.
- Please follow the page prompts and hit respective tabs to apply online.
- If the birth takes place at a dispensary/hospital, the register record is enough.
- Address proof (Voter ID, Driving License etc.) of parents
- Aadhaar Card of Parents
- If the birth takes place at a house, the citizen has to approach the local body (with address and Aadhar as stated above) and inform in writing. Then it will be verified & the certificate will be issued as applicable.
- Application form : Form Link
- Name of the Parent
- Date of birth of the child
- Location of residence
- Certificate of Doctor OR Hospital discharge certificate.
- In case of delayed registration (after applicable period as per state norms), an affidavit from judicial magistrate / Notary (as advised) as applicable is required (indicating the date and place of birth, names of parent and evidence of the event of birth).
- In the event of a failure to register a birth within the stipulated period of 21 days, one has to obtain a no-objection certificate (NOC).
- In case you have applied after a month but within a year you have to obtain permission from the authorities as advised.
- In case applied after one year, need to obtain judicial order from a Magistrate and copy of the said order is required to be attached with the prescribed application form.
- If there is no record for birth from hospital, then the village head / Regional Councillor / MLA / MP / MBS Certificate of signature and stamp with any one of the doctor should be submitted
Office Locations & Contacts
Urban Development Department
Palika Bhavan, Talland, Shimla - 171002,
Himachal Pradesh, India
Ph : +91 0177-2626518
Contact Link: Contact link
CSC contact link : Contact link
Any citizen or foreigner who is born in the state
- No Fees required if registered within 21 days.
- Rs.2 after 21 days and within 30 days
- Rs.5 after 30 days and within 1 year
- Rs.10 after 1 year
- CSC service charge to be as quoted.
- There will be a small amount collected for people registering after 21 days. Details of fees will be provided by authorities.
Birth certificate is Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes nearly 10 days to get issued by the authority.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply for the birth certificate
- Date of birth
- Name of child, if any
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Place of birth
- Hospital name, address
- Permanent address of parent’s
- Address of parent’s at the time of birth of child
- Statistical information like name of city, district, village etc
- Child’s weight.
Need for the Document
- Birth Certificate is a vital document at various stages in life to prove Age, Nationality and is must while applying for Passport, Education, Health purpose and Employment
- A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
Information which might help
In order to get Indian citizenship for a child born to Indian parent(s) in a foreign country, the birth of the child is to be registered at the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate and thereafter (or at the same time) the parents can apply for issue of an Indian passport for the child. For more information, kindly contact Indian Embassy/Consulate in your jurisdiction or visit their website.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.