Kinnaur - Apply for Divergence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Divergence Certificate in Kinnaur.
If a person who is having two or more names (may be because off spelling mistake in the name too) may apply to the respective authority (local administration/revenue) who shall do the local inquiry into the facts and merits of the details furnished by applicant, thereby verifying the documents submitted in support of the applicants claim, and thereafter issue the Divergence Certificate.
- Applicant must apply in prescribed application form along with required documents to the respective Panchayat /Block / Circle / thasildhar office where the applicant resides.
- Link for contact details : link AND link please select the respective district map for respective portal. In the given page please select menu option “DIRECTORY” > “PUBLIC UTILITIES” > “Municipalities” for contact details.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and application submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be processed internally. Respective authorities will do the ground level verification followed by scrutiny of the documents and details provided by the applicant.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective authority to decide and issue the Certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 7 to 10 days after due verification.
- Application form.
- Identity Proof (Voter ID / Aadhar card)
- Ration card
- Marriage Certificate (in case of married person)
- Passport Copy (not compulsory).
- Self Declaration. (Affidavit to prove that YOU ARE YOU)
- Passport size photograph (as applicable)
- If Govt. employee – Service book, pension book/order.
- Birth Certificate of the applicant.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Such other documents showing variance in names
- Aadhaar Card
- Government gazette booklet page copy showing name change as applicable.
- These above documents are to be supported by applicable authorities (Talathi’s) report.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
- Divergence certificate is not proof to carry out mutations.
Office Locations & Contacts
Urban Development Department
Palika Bhavan, Talland, Shimla - 171002,
Himachal Pradesh, India
Ph : +91 0177-2626518
Contact Link: Contact link
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
- A person who is known by two or more names
- A disparity in the name of a candidate between his/her various documents.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed (If applicable)
- The validity period of this certificate is lifelong or as mentioned on the certificate.
- For the mentioned purpose
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
I Shri/Smt.__________________________________________ age _____________
Residence of ________________________________________ do hereby on the solemn Affirmation states and submit as under :-
- I say that my name is recorded as ____________________________________________________ In my ___________________________ Certificate.
- I say that my name is recorded as ____________________________________________________ In my _______________________________
- I say that both names i.e.
- (a) ________________________________________________
- (b) __________________________________________________________________ are names of one and same person i.e. myself.
- I say that this affidavit is sworn by me in order to produce the same before the ________________________________________________
- The statement made herein are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Solemnly affirmed on this ____________ day of _____________
Identified by :-
- Usually 7 to 15 days (this certificate can be obtained in less than the mentioned days in requirement of any urgency).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A divergence certificate is required when there exists a disparity in the name of a individual in their various documents such as Birth certificate, passport etc,.
- If an individual has additional names, error in spelling of name, then they need divergence certificate.
- A divergence certificate is obtained to clarify/certify that the candidate is also known by the other name(s) as listed.
Information which might help
- Never furnish fraudulent certificate of details for obtaining this certificate. This will lead to punishment.
- Always make sure your ward name is correctly spelled in school registers.
- Always check your name spelling while applying for required documents like passport, driving license etc,.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.