Kinnaur - Apply Identity Card for Differently Abled
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply Identity Card for Differently Abled in Kinnaur.
- To obtain a ID card for disabled, applicant has to contact the respective “Superintendent/In-Charge of Medical Colleges & Hospitals and Civil Hospitals/CHCs/PHCs/SHCs/SDs.” for their area with the documents.
- Link for contact: Online link please click on name of the district on the map to reach the district portal. In the given page, select the menu “Directory > public utilities > Hospitals” for respective contact details OR
- Please use the link : link and select the state name from the drop down list similarly the district name and hit go to get contact details.
- Apply in writing or use the application form as per the following link: Form link
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents to the authority. After validation and checking of the document is done, further process will be carried out.
- Applicant has to follow the guidelines and instruction to complete the department process for considering the application to grant a card.
- Finally Disability Card will be provided by the respective “Head of the Department of the concerned Department of the Medical College”.
- Note: The Director General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will be the final authority to issue the ID card based on the documents.
Following listed information provides you details on who needs to be approached for getting appropriate certificate.
- Children below 12 years and suffering from mental retardation may be certified of their disability either by a neurologist, paediatric, psychiatrist and visually challenged will be so certified by an ophthalmologist.
- Applicants may use the application form allotted for a specific disability and submit the forms at the government hospital or public health centres.
- Those applicants with amputation or severe paralysis, and irreversible disabilities are required to get medical certificate from concerned medical practitioner at the government hospital or the primary health centre.
- Those with multiple disabilities will be certified by a medical board constituted of three doctors, with one of the doctors competent in the field of one of the disabilities the applicant stands incapacitated by.
- Those affected by cerebral palsy may produce a certificate either from a paediatric, orthopaedic, neurologist, or a psychiatrist.
- Those afflicted by leprosy will be certified so by a dermatologist, and the hearing impaired by an ENT specialist.
- To apply online for disability card online, please follow the link given. Link for contact: online portal
- Please select “Apply for Disability Certificate & UDID Card” option provided on the right side part of the screen.
- A new page to enter / select details will prompt user to fill in the required details.
- User can select language of choice using the “Choose regional language” option and click select your language from the drop down menu.
- There will be four parts to process. First part, personal details, followed by Disability detail, employment detail and Identity detail. Please fill in the required information for each part and hit “next” tab or the required option to go for the next part till the employment details part.
- At the end of the screen user has to click the “terms agree..” option and then hit precede button to preview his application.
- If the displayed details are Ok hit Confirm application button to complete the online application.
- Applicant will get the enrolment / UDID / request number. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- After the processing and verification of the details provided as per the norms. Applicant will get notification about the process. If he is granted with a disability card, then one can visit the online portal and download the e-UDID card.
Note: In case of multiple disabilities, the application will be forwarded to the District Medical Board for examination and issue of certificate.
- Application form. Link for form: Form link
- Proofs of residence
- Family card
- Electoral identity card
- Bank pass book
- Two passport-size photographs
- Copy of the Disability Certificate.
- Copy of I.D. of the person with disability.
- Copy of all medical and psychological reports available.
- Aadhaar Card
- Two photographs showing the disability
Office Locations & Contacts
Director Health Services Health and Family Welfare Directorate,
SDA Complex Kasumpti, Shimla-9.(H.P.).
Phone no. 0177-2621424
Fax no. 0177-2622307
Link for contact information: Contacts link and Online link please click on name of the district on the map to reach the district portal. In the given page, select the menu “Directory > public utilities > Hospitals” for respective contact details.
- Indian Citizen
- Medical report explaining the type of disability
- Persons falling under the categories with a minimum of 40% disability are eligible for entitlement of all benefits provided by the Government.
- The link has details of the eligibility in details: Online Link
No Fees required.
- This card is valid for a period of five years from the date of issue.
- On expiry the card should be surrendered to the issuing authority and an application for issuing a new card should be submitted if required.
- In case the card is lost, new card will be issued with the payment of a penalty.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Identity cards will be issued between the period of one week to one month from the date of application with the requisite certification.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Fill the form carefully and submit it along with the mentioned documents.
- Attach the valid documents to get approval.
Following are the required information to apply for the identity card for differently abled persons
- Personal details
- Disability details
- Employment details
- Identity details
Need for the Document
- The Constitution of India promotes equality, freedom, justice and dignity of all individuals and implicitly mandates an inclusive society for all including persons with disabilities.
- According to the provisions of the Persons with Disabilities Act of 1995, it has identified seven categories of disabilities: blindness, low vision, leprosy cured, hearing impairment, loco-motor disability, mental retardation and mental illness.
- Persons with Disabilities are provided with financial aid from the state government.
Information which might help
- The certificate issued by medical authority will mention whether disability condition is permanent or correctable.
- The State Governments / UT Administrations may constitute the medical boards.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Kinnaur can be listed here.