Kerala - Renew Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car)
Revision as of 06:21, 20 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #Applicants who wishes to renew their permits may do so in plain paper. #Applicant should approach the Deputy Commissioner/ Chairman (State Transport Authority)....")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants who wishes to renew their permits may do so in plain paper.
- Applicant should approach the Deputy Commissioner/ Chairman (State Transport Authority).Submit your request along with all the required documents to the commissioner and pay the appropriate fee.
- Registration Certificate with valid fitness issued by the competent authority in original form.
- Insurance in original form.
- Original Tourist Vehicle permit
Office Locations & Contacts
Contact number and RTO Office Locations : Office Locations and Contact Numbers
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Rs 500/- per year for tourist permit in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Secretary (State Transport Authority).
- A tourist permit shall be deemed to be invalid from the date on which the motor vehicle covered by the permit completes 9 years in the case of a motor cab and 8 years where the motor vehicle is other than a motor cab, unless the motor vehicle is replaced;
- Where a vehicle covered by a tourist pennit is proposed to be replaced by another, the latter vehicle shall not be more than two years old on the date of such replacement.
NOTE: For the purposes of this sub-rule, the period of [9 years or 8 years] shall be computed from the date of initial registration of the motor vehicle.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner / Chairman (STA) who is in charge of issuing and renewing of Tourist Vehicle Permits.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following the Central Motor Vehicle Rules of 1989, Tourist Vehicle Permit are granted to owners whose vehicles are used for tourism purposes.
The permit limits the journey of the vehicle within the home state, and it can only remain outside the home State for a period not longer than three months.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Following link has some information which can help with some of your queries : link
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.