Kerala - Obtain a Character Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A Character Certificate is an official document issued by the respective department authorities which states whether a person has any previous convictions recorded against him/her.
Apply In-Person :
- Applicant shall approach their area police station. Consult with them for your requirement to obtain the character certificate and follow their guidelines.
- Link for Police station contacts: link Please select “Contacts” in the menu and select the appropriate district name to get contact details.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and application submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be processed internally. Respective authorities will do the ground level verification in the residing area of the applicant followed by scrutiny of the documents and details provided by the applicant.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective authority to decide and issue the Certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate as per notified period after due processing.
- Application form.
- Aadhaar Card
- Purpose of certificate requirement details (Student/govt or non govt employee)
- Court stamp as per requirement
- Birth certificate
- Six month old or applicable period copy of Residence Proof (Voter card, Ration Card, Telephone/Electricity/Water Bill, Passport, Insurance Policy, Aadhaar Card)
- Passport (as per requirement)
- Identity Proof (Voter ID / Aadhar card)
- Ration Card
- Self Declaration.(Affidavit to prove that YOU ARE YOU)
- Bonafide Certificate from the school
- Passport size photograph (as applicable)
- School Leaving Certificate.
- If the above documents are to be supported by report of applicable authorities, please provide as required.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695010
Phone: 0471 272 1547
Link for contact information: Contacts link
Any citizen can avail this service.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed (If applicable)
The validity of character certificate is 6 months or as mentioned on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
- FOR CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
- FOR CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
- I, the undersigned ______________________________________________, Indian National, Single / Married / Widow / Widower / Divorcee, major in age/_________ years, resident Of __________________________________________________________________________________________ in Taluka ______________________, (District name), (State name) do hereby solemnly affirm and state/declare as under:
- 1. I say that I am permanent resident of above mentioned address.
- 2. I say that, there is no criminal complaint lodge before any police authorities or any criminal case pending before any court of law in State of (State name) or in India against me.
- 3. I say that my name is recorded in our family ration card bearing No._______________________________________.
- 4. I say that, I possess good moral character.
- 5. I say that I am executing this declaration in order to produce the same in the respective office of _______________ Taluka, ________________ (State name) in order to apply for Character Certificate which is required to produce before Competent Authority for the purpose of ______________________________________________.
- 6. I say that the contents of above paras of my declaration are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and that I have not misrepresented any facts.
- We the following members of family were totally dependent on him
- Place :
- Date :
- Identified by :
- 7 Days or as per notified period
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A Character certificate states out your moral conduct or behaviour.
- In India Candidates applying for govt/private jobs need to show Character Certificate.
- This certificate is a proof that the candidate is not involved in any criminal case ever.
Information which might help
- Never furnish fraudulent certificate of details for obtaining this certificate. This will lead to punishment.
- Always check your name spelling while applying in the required documents like passport, driving license etc,.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.