Kenya - Obtain a Tax Credit Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The withholding agent has to access the Kenya Revenue Authority web portal through http://www.kra.go.ke/ then
- logs into the Kenya Revenue Authority account (using TIN and password),
- Select Generate tax credit certificate from the list of e-services on the left side,
- Generates TCC for more than single payee,
- provide return number and the period the click search for all the details to populate,
- select all then provide the following details if you want to generate TCC for single payee;
- Return period, Tin /name of the payee, Return number,
- Then select search to return the details of the taxpayer for which you can generate TCC, on generating TCC, you receive a notification that certificate generated successfully, an auto generated message will be sent to the payee with the attachment of a copy of the TCC An auto generated message will be sent to the payee with the attachment of a copy of the TCC also a withholding tax agent/payer can log into his account (TIN and password) and check under received messages to view the tax credit certificate.
- TCC stands for Tax Credit Certificate
- A certified legible copy of the taxpayers Identity document or Passport document.
- Proof of identity document/passport
- Affidavit to justify the absence of the identity/passport together with the temporary identity document/passport.
- Proof bank statement with the bank stamp that confirms the account holder's name, account number, account type, and branch code;
- Proof of residential address, e.g municipal account/utility bill of an individula not more than three months old reflecting the name and residential address
Office Locations & Contacts
- Kenya Revenue Authority
Tel: +254 (020) 4999 999
Cell: +254 (0711) 099 999
A withholding tax agent is required to generate and issue a Tax Credit certificate to the Payee.
free of charge
Valid for 1 year,
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
One day but There is no set time for this service
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
One has to log onto his account on the Kenya Revenue Authority website http://www.kra.go.ke/ to generate the Tax Credit Certificate and issue it to the payee.
- Login ID
- return date
- nature of payment
- Return number
- name of payee (Note All returns are done online)
Need for the Document
A person required to retain tax on a payment made to a payee, is required to remit the retained tax to Kenya Revenue Authority and file a Tax credit return by the due date. The withholding tax agent is required to generate and issue a Tax Credit certificate to the Payee. A registered Payee shall receive a copy of the Tax Credit Certificate (TCC) in Received Messages through their account on the Kenya Revenue Authority web portal.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.