Jaunpur - Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) is required by the new owner of a property. One has to apply at the respective electricity board office for their respective area.
- “Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd” (UPPCL) is the electricity regulation board operating within the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The state has four electricity service providers
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited
- Purvanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited
Apply in Person
- Go to the local UPPCL “Customer Care Centers” office personally to apply for Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer.
- Contact link for respective service provide
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited online link
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited online link
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited online link
- Get information on customer care center by using the contact numbers as provided below
- UPPCL Customer Care Toll-Free Number- 1800 180 8752
- UPPCL Customer Care Number- 1912
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required). Application can also be obtained from the following link : Application form Link
- Once the application is filled, then submit it along with required document to the concerned authorities at the respective office.
- Authorities will verify the submitted documents, If all the documents are in place then authorities will advise the customer to pay the fee for this procedure.
- Once the payment is made, a receipt will be issued to the applicant.
- This application will be subjected for internal processing and a technician will visit the premises as per the address mentioned in the application.
- Once the result of technician visit is also satisfactory, the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer will be processed to reflect the applicants name in the records.
- Consumer No.
- Copy and original of the payment receipt of last electricity bill
- Attested copy of the sale deed of the premises to prove ownership
- Copy of last tax receipt for the premises
- Copy of card issued by electricity board (as applicable)
- An indemnity bond on stamp paper (Value as advised by authorities and can be easily sourced from any notary office)
- NOC from the individual in whose name the meter is currently in
- Attested copies of address and ID proof
- Aadhaar card
- Note : In addition to the above mentioned documents, applicant should produce any additional document as per authorities advise
Office Locations & Contacts
- Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd.
A-1, Near Metro Station, Sector 16,
Noida – 201301,
Uttara Pradesh, India
Phene: +91 0120 - 2287827
Fax: +91 0120 - 8701
Contacts link : contact information link
Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited online link
Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited online link
Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited online link
- Applicant should be the owner of the premises for which the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required from its past owner.
- Electricity services under disconnection are not eligible.
- Each state has different fees structure. So, it is advisable to pay as per authorities quote
- Please follow the mode of payment as applicable for the respective board
- This Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is valid till…
- Sale of the premises
- Transfer of ownership
- Transfer to legal heir in case of death of property owner
- Transfer for other reasons
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum 7 working days
Uttar Pradesh - Change owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy Meter)
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required by the new owner of the premises
- In most of the government related procedures, Electricity bill is considered as one of the important document for address proof. So, one has to apply for this transfer as and when the premises is owned
- After applying for name transfer, applicant shall check the status of name change to reassure that the name has been changed in records after the notified date. If not updated, please contact the authorities to whom the application was submitted
- Electricity should be consumed with responsibility. Because not only the cost counts but also this resource needs proper care to make available for our future generations
Information which might help
- Make sure to collect the receipt for your payments with the department
- Always use certified products for electrical wiring
- One should not use domestic supply for commercial purpose and there will be a heavy fine and even action against consumer is inevitable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.