Jammu and Kashmir - Apply for Duplicate Residential (Domicile) Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for duplicate residential certificate, applicant has to approach the concerned tehsildar of the tehsil where they reside.
- Link for contact: contact
- Get the relevant application form from the authorities and fill the form with valid details appropriately.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to the authorities.
- Now collect the acknowledgment slip from the authorities.
- After the verification process, applicant shall receive the duplicate copy of residential certificate.
- Application Form
- Damaged copy of the residential certificate – if available
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Residence proof like gas bill, EB bill, Bank passbook etc
- Driving license
- Age proof like Birth certificate, Life insurance copy
- Photo proof like passport
- If the applicant is less than 18 years of age, then applicant should submit residence certificate of their parents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Concerned Tehsildar of Tehsil,:
Deputy Commissioner Office Complex,
Jammu - 180001
Phone : 0191-2571912
Email : dcofficejammu[at]gmail[dot]com
- Applicant should be the resident of the state.
- Applicant must be the citizen of India.
- Women who lived in another state but married to a man who is a permanent resident of this state can apply for residential certificate.
- Applicant whose residential certificate is lost / damaged can apply for duplicate certificate.
Approach the authorities for fee details.
Residential certificate is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes nearly 15 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Do not submit fake documents as a proof to obtain residential certificate.
- A residential certificate can be obtained from only one state.
- Applying for residential certificate in another state is an offence.
- Parent’s Name
- Residential details
- Family details
Need for the Document
- Residential certificate is a mandatory document to reside in that particular state from where the certificate is obtained.
- Residential certificate acts as a proof of residence. It confirms that the applicant is the resident of particular state or UT.
- To avail various schemes and concessions from the state government, residential certificate is required.
- To get educational benefits residential certificate is required.
Information which might help
Residential certificate is issued by the following state authorities:
- Tahsildar / Naib Tahsildar
- District Magistrate
- Sub Divisional Magistrate
- Sub Divisional Officer
- Revenue department authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.