Jamaica - Apply for Healthcare Incentives
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to Apply
- If your medical facility is registered you can proceed and apply for the healthcare Incentives through the Ministry of Health and Wellness Standards and Regulations Division under the Ministry of Health & Wellness (MOHW). You can view their contact details via the link:Link
- First, have your health facility’s plans and drawings get approved from the Public Health Department of the relevant Municipal Corporation (MC) and the Jamaica Fire Brigade
- Once approved, write a request or intention letter addressed to the Registrar of the Ministry of Health and Wellness requesting your intention for the health facility status under the healthcare incentives
- Once your letter of intent and all supporting information/documents have been completed, signed, stamped, and certified where required, you will need to visit the office of the MOHW to make your submission and pay the relevant fees. Note that the fees are determined by the number of patients your health facility can accommodate.
- Upon receipt of your application, the MOHW will verify your request to confirm that it meets the required standards and then they will prepare a formal report regarding the application and forward it to the MOHW’s Registration Committee for further consideration and recommendation.
- Then the Registration Committee’s recommendation will be forwarded to the chief medical officer (CMO) committee for their final approval
- Once the CMO has approved your application, the MOHW will send it to the following government agencies for their records:
- Incentives Unit of Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA)
- Legal Support Division of Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ).
- These agencies will also verify the application and send their feedback to the ministry. Then the ministry will inform you through a proper channel of the final decision made on your application
- If approved, JCA will enter your information into the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) platform.
- The MOHW will notify you that your Healthcare Facility Status has been approved and you will need to visit their office to collect your Healthcare Facility Status Certificate of Registration which is to be publicly displayed
- Finally, you will be able to access incentive benefits related to the healthcare sector.
- Letter of intent
- Approved Plans and Drawings of your healthcare facility
- Payment receipt
Office Locations & Contacts
The Ministry of Health and Wellness
Standards and Regulations Division
10-16 Grenada Way
Telephone: 1 (876) 633-7433/633-8172
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Contact details: Link
Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA)-Head Office
Address: Myers Wharf, Newport East, Kingston 15
Tel: 876 922 5140-8 or 922 8770-3
Email: [email protected]
Public Relations Unit (General Customer Service)
Tel: 876 948-7849Toll Free:1 888 287 8667
Email: [email protected]
Information Management Unit (IMU) IT Helpdesk
Tel: 876 750 3030 or 750 3070 or 750 3047
Tariff Unit + Tel: 876 967 3495
- As a Healthcare entity, to benefit from the Productive Inputs Relief (PIR) scheme, you must first register with the regulating Ministry, MOHW, for status as a bona fide Healthcare Facility. Only a business that has been approved by MOHW may benefit under the PIR scheme
- Less than 25 patients: fee is JMD5000
- 25 or more patients: fee is JMD10000
- The incentive is valid for the lifetime of the health facility
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The application will be processed within 20 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The PIR only covers the import duties and the Additional Stamp Duty. Companies from the healthcare sector are required to pay all other port charges
- You should contact a licensed Customs Broker to assist with information for items being imported for use in the Healthcare industry.
- Owners details
- Facility information
- Address details
- Capacity of facility
- Declaration and sign
Need for the Document
- Your healthcare facility status must be approved by the health ministry for you to benefit from the healthcare incentives
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Government of Jamaica: Link
More information which might help people.