Jamaica - Apply for Export Certificate for Horses and Food Animals
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for the Export Health Certificate for Dogs, Cats, and Birds, you should go to the Veterinary Service Division (VSD) under the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (MOA). Please view the VSD contact details in the “Office Locations & Contacts” section below
- First inform the VSD of your intention to exporting the horses or food animals in writing through their email address: [email protected] or faxed to (876) 977-0885.
- The VSD will inform you of the export requirements for the animal you wish to export by the importing country and request you to quarantine the animal
- Identify a quarantine location and inform the VSD of the location and the VSD will approve that location or determine another proper location for the quarantine of the animal to be exported
- Then the VSD will monitor the animal’s treatment during the quarantine period and conduct an inspection on the animal at the end of quarantine and prepare a report regarding the inspection
- If the animal is determined to be healthy and import conditions are met, then the Quarantine is completed and you will be notified by the VSD, however, if the animal is not deemed to be healthy or does not meet import conditions, more quarantine will be required by the VSD
- Upon a successful quarantine, lodge an application for the export certificate of the horse or food animal at the VSD
- Obtain the application form for an export health certificate from the MOA’s office or download it from their website: Link (please search for “Application For Export Health Certificate” to locate the form easily) you can also download the form directly via this link:Link
- First, obtain all the necessary certificates and documents of the animal you wish to export, including the import permit from the importing country
- Complete the application form and attach all the supporting documents as mentioned in the “Required Documents” section below to it
- Then submit the complete application to the Permit Office, Veterinary Services Division (VSD) 193 Old Hope Road, in person or scanned and emailed to the following: Email: [email protected] or faxed to (876) 977-0885. Please note that TRN information is mandatory.
- Upon receipt of your application, the VSD will validate the application and supporting documents to determine if your application meets the required standard
- If the documentation is invalid, the VSD will inform you of what to do to satisfy the required standard and if the application is valid, the VSD will issue you a payment advisory note for the certificate and you will be required to pay the fee
- Pay the application fee of the export health certificate at the VSD cashier by cash, debit, or credit card, company cheque, or manager’s cheque and obtain the payment receipt
- Upon payment, the export health certificate will be prepared and issued to you
- Complete application form
- Medical documents from a registered veterinarian for animals
- Payment receipt
- Identification documents
- Facility registration certificate
- Import permit
All the requirements advised by the VSD
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries
Address: 4 St. Lucia Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica
Telephone: (876) 968-7116
Fax: (876) 960-7422
Hope Gardens, Kingston 6, Jamaica
Telephone: (876) 927-1731-50 / (876) 619-1731
Fax: (876) 927-1904
Email: [email protected]
Opening hours: Mondays – Thursdays 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Fridays8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries
Veterinary Services Division
193 Old Hope Road
Phone: (876) 977-2489/2492; 927-0594
Fax Number: (876) 977-0885
Email: [email protected]
- Registered exporters who wish to obtain an export health certificate for Horses and Food Animals
- Export health certificates: J$2,000
- Duplicate/reprinting export health certificates commercial/domestic: J$1,000.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- Application form: Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- An application for Export Health Certificate must be completed and submitted to the VSD in order to make an appointment for inspection for export. An appointment for inspection for export with the government veterinarian for all live animals is mandatory 48hrs before departure. All animals for export must be present for the scheduled appointment along with all supporting veterinary medical records from a private veterinarian licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Jamaica.
- You must be a registered exporter with JAMPRO to apply for the export certificate
- Name of exporter
- Importing country
- Name of importer
- Address of exporter and importer
- Type of product to be exported
- Contact details
Need for the Document
- The export health certificate proves that animals or birds are fit for exporting and the certificate is required by the importing country
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- MOA: Link
More information which might help people.