Jamaica - Apply for Employment Injury Disablement Benefit under National Insurance Scheme
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Employment Injury Disablement benefit under the National Insurance Scheme (NIS), you have to submit your application to the NIS office under the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS). please view the NIS contact details in the “Offices and Contact” section below
- Obtain the application form from the NIS office in person or download the form from the MLSS website through this link: Link (choose “Employment Injury Disablement Benefit” and download the form)
- Read the instructions provided and complete the application form correctly. In case you the injured individual is unable to read or write, you can authorize an individual or medical practitioner to complete the form on your behalf
- Prepare the required supporting documents and attach them to the application form
- Once your application form and all supporting information and documents have been completed, signed, stamped, and certified where required, go to the NIS office and submit the application to the NIS official at the service desk
- The NIS will verify your application and confirm if the application meets the required standards to be given the benefits
- Once everything has been assessed and the application is successful, the NIS will send the benefits through the bank details you provided in your application, and in case you are staying abroad, the benefits will be mailed to you.
- Note that this application is to be submitted within three months after the end of the Employment Injury Benefit (EIB) Cash Award period.
- Complete application form
- Valid Identification of the Applicant (Passport, Driver’s Licence, Electoral Identification)
- Deep poll (Where applicable)
- Any other relevant document if applicable
Office Locations & Contacts
National Insurance Scheme
Address: 14 National Heroes Circle
Kingston 4 Jamaica
Tel: 876-922-8000 0r 888-991-2089
Email: [email protected]
Offices and contact details: Link
National Insurance Fund
Address: 40 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5, Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 908-0025
Tel: (876) 908-0019 -21
Fax: (876) 908-0028
- A person whose injuries were caused during employment at Job and is disabled from the sustained injuries can apply for this benefit
- The application is free
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- Application form:Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Particulars of the injured person
- Authority by the applicant to medical practitioner/hospital to reveal the nature of his/her illness or disease.
- Particulars of employer
- Declaration and certificate
- Witness information
- Declaration and certificate
- Witness’ certificate and signature
Need for the Document
- This benefit is payable at the end of the Employment Injury period, where a disability assessment above 10% has been diagnosed by the Medical Board of the NIS
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.