Jamaica - Apply for Employment Injury Benefit Death under National Insurance Scheme
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Employment Injury Benefit Death under the National Insurance Scheme (NIS), you have to submit your application to the NIS office under the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS). please view the NIS contact details in the “Offices and Contact” section below
- Obtain the application form from the NIS office in person or download the form from the MLSS website through this link:Link (choose “Employment Injury Benefit Death” and download the form)
- Read the instruction provided and complete the application form correctly and have it completed by the employer of the deceased and a medical practitioner
- Prepare the required supporting documents and attach them to the application form
- Once your application form and all supporting information and documents have been completed, signed, stamped, and certified where required, go to the NIS office and submit the application to the NIS official at the service desk
- The NIS will verify your application and confirm if the application meets the required standards to be given the benefits
- Once everything has been assessed and the application is successful, the NIS will send the benefits through the bank details you provided in your application, and in case you are staying abroad, the benefits will be mailed to you.
- Complete application form
- Proof of age of the Applicant (Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Valid Identification of the Applicant (Passport, Driver’s Licence, Electoral Identification)
- Medical Cause of Death
Office Locations & Contacts
National Insurance Scheme
Address: 14 National Heroes Circle
Kingston 4 Jamaica
Tel: 876-922-8000 0r 888-991-2089
Email: [email protected]
Offices and contact details: Link
National Insurance Fund
Address: 40 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5, Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 908-0025
Tel: (876) 908-0019 -21
Fax: (876) 908-0028
- An individual who is the next of kin of the deceased person is eligible to apply
- Application is free
- The application is valid until the benefits are issued by the NIS
Documents to Use
- Application form: Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- This benefit is given to the next of kin of a deceased contributor whose death was the result of an accident on the job, or from a disease prescribed by the National Insurance Act that is attributable to the nature of the job.
- Details of the applicant
- Details of child
- Details of mother of the deceased
- Details of the deceased
- Witness information
- Details of employer
- Employer declaration
- Bank details
Need for the Document
- This application is made by the next of kin of a deceased to obtain payment of the benefits of the deceased for the NIS
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- NIS: Link
More information which might help people.