Jamaica - Apply for Education and Entrepreneurship Grants Programme
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for the Education and Entrepreneurship grant through the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) to pursue higher education or establish small businesses. You have to submit your application to the MLSS office. Please view the MLSS contact details via this link:Link
- Obtain the application form from the MLSS office
- Complete the application and attach all the required supporting documents to it
- Submit the complete application to the MLSS office to be processed under the Programme of Advancement Through Health and Education (PATH)
- The application will be verified and vetted by the relevant authority for final approval
- If the application is approved, for the education grant you will be required to undertake 30 hours of volunteer service usually 5 to 7 hours per week and for the entrepreneur grant, you will be required to participate in the rigorous training provided by the Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC).
- Once all the conditions are met, the MLSS will issue funds for your business or education through a proper channel i.e., bank, post office, or via electronic deposit
- Complete application form
- A Business Proposal (available at MLSS local office)
- Proof of authorization to operate from the location. [letter from the owner of the premises or the local authority (Parish Council), lease or rental agreement or evidence of ownership – title or property tax receipt]
- Evidence of compliance with relevant regulations, for example, Food Handlers Permit, Hawk and Peddlers License, etc.
- Invoice for the products or services
- National ID
- Letter of Recommendation
- Passport-sized photograph
Office Locations & Contacts
Address: 1F North Street, Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 922-9500-9
Fax: (876) 922-6902/ (876) 922-0996
SOCIAL SECURITY DIVISION
Adress:14 National Heroes Circle, Kingston 4, Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 922-8000-2
Fax: (876) 924-9639
MLSS contact details:Link
- Individuals of age 16 to 40 years are eligible to apply
- The application is free
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
You must be willing to satisfy the conditions required for the grant to be issued to you i.e., going through training or attending training. Note that Some of the institutions where community service should be undertaken are:
- Golden Aged Homes
- Children’s Homes
- Mustard Seed Communities
- Infirmaries Etc.
- Contact details
Need for the Document
- This program enables youth aged between 16 to 40 years to pursue further education and training or be engaged in entrepreneurial activities.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- MLSS: Link
More information which might help people.