Italy - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Importation of pets:
- Have your pet examined by a veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Italy will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- EU Pet Passports: For pets living in the EU, the EU pet passport is required when traveling to another EU country . Only a licensed vet may issue the passport, and vaccinations should be kept current by the vet. Before issuing it, the vet will confirm that the animal:
- Is identified by a micro chip in the neck or tattoo in the ear
- Has a valid rabies vaccines.
- Has had a blood test to confirm the vaccine is in the system
- If you are outside Italy: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Italian embassy in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permits for pets.
- Before you make arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Italy. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
An animal must be over three months old to enter Italian territory.
The Pet Passport is valid for the duration of the pets life.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The European Pet Passport allows for cats and dogs to freely cross borders in Europe. It is an official document, identical for all European countries and written both in English and in the language of the country that issues it, which contains obligatory information concerning an individual animal:
- identification number: microchip
- proof of valid vaccine against the rabies virus.
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Italy and how can you apply for a Pet Passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.