Italy - Obtain a Certificate of Coverage
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To access the Online Services, you must be in possession of a PIN issued by the Institute; if you do not have them you can request it  here, or by calling the Contact Center
New section 'Managing Public Employees'
E 'available the new Managing Public Employees collecting the forms for credit and social services, retirement benefits, treatments at the end of service and supplementary pension schemes, the insurance position, access to documents and complaints.
To get the model ready to compile, you need to click on the boxes of interest. In this way, the model is ready with the necessary fields.
- If the application is made by a legal representative, must be accompanied by a document that demonstrates the power of representation.
- If the request is sent to INPS by post, fax or e-mail please include a copy of an identity document of the applicant.
- If the application is made by a delegate, must be accompanied by a delegation or of the mandate with which it expressly authorizes INPS to receive the request and issue a receipt; such acts must be accompanied by a photocopy of the document identity of the person and the person appointed will have to show an identification document.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Institute of Social Security
via Cyrus the Great, 21
00144 - Rome
Phone: 065905 3486
For data requests, interviews and documentation:
Phone: 065905 5085
Employers, self-employed workers or authorized representatives
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- If you are an employee, your employer must request a Certificate of Coverage from an Italian Agency.
- If you are self employed, you must request a Certificate of Coverage by yourself.
- Please note that all applications for services of the Institute shall be submitted exclusively by electronic means.
- To access the Online Services, you must be in possession of a PIN issued by the Institute; if you do not have them you can request it here, or by calling the Contact Center
- First name
- Last name
- Tax code
- Street address
- Email address
- Cell phone
Need for the Document
The certificate of coverage is proof that an employee, an employer, or a self-employed worker is subject to Italian legislation and is exempt from contributing to the social security system of the host country with which Italy has an effective agreement.
Information which might help
The certificate of coverage is valid for the period shown on the document. If there is any change in employment status or if an employee or self-employed worker returns to Italy before the date shown on the certificate of coverage issued by National Institute of Social Security, please notify the Social Security Unit.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
It is recommended that you request a certificate as soon as you know that a worker will be working temporarily outside of Italy. You can get a certificate of coverage at National Institute of Social Security.