Indonesia - Register your Marriage and Marriage Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register a marriage, do it a month before the marriage takes place. Jakarta Population and Civil Registration Sub-Department and the Office of Civil Registration provides room to solemnize marriage.
- To obtain a marriage certificate:
- Go to the Department of Population and Civil Registration
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the required documents stated below.
To obtain marriage certificate
- Proof of Marriage Religion
- Birth Certificate
- Letter from Village
- Copy of KK / ID card certified by a headman
- Photograph by side size 4 x 6 cm by 5 (five) pieces
- 2 (two) WITNESS who has aged 21 years and over
- Children Birth Certificates to be recognized / approved
- Divorce deed / death certificate if she had ever been married
- Permission from the commander for military members / Police
- Passport for foreigners
- Certificate of Self Report (STMD) of Police for foreigners
- Letter from the Embassy / Consulate / Foreign Country Representative in question (for foreigners)
- SKK of Immigration (for foreigners)
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Population and Civil Registration Regional Service Offices
Jl. S. Parman No. 7, Jakarta Barat
Tel. Nos.: 5666241, 5681118
Contacts : http://www.jakarta.go.id/eng/no_penting
The age of marriage for Indonesians is 19 years for men and 16 years for women.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Marriage in Indonesia is considered as a spiritual bond between a man and a woman. Therefore, Indonesia has no provision for mixed-religion marriage as the religion plays important role in your marriage life. Both partner must have the same religion. Otherwise, one of you must convert, if you have mixed-religion issue in your relationship. We can also assist you in religion converting and it can be carried-out within less than 30 (thirty) minutes before the marriage conducted.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Register your Marriage and Marriage Certificate:
More information which might help people.