Indonesia - Children Aged 18 Or Already Married to Obtain Dual Citizenship to Select n Citizenship
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The child must submit a statement to the Indonesian official or representative. The statement should be in written form, in Indonesian language.
- Along with the statement, the documents stated below must be attached.
- For incomplete statements, the Indonesian Official or Representative returns them to the child who submitted the statement. For complete statements, they are delivered to the Minister in no later than 14 (fourteen) days after the date the statement was received.
- The Minister checks the statement and for incomplete statements, the Minister returns them to the Indonesian Official or Representative no later than 14 (fourteen) days after the date the statement was received to be completed. For complete statements, the Minister decides if the child is Indonesian or not.
- The Official or Representative informs this decision to the child who submitted the statement in no later than 7 (seven) days after the Ministers Decision was received.
- Photocopy of an excerpt of the birth certificate of the child that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative
- Photocopy of an excerpt of the marriage certificate of the parents that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative
- Photocopy of an excerpt of the marriage certificate of the child who is not 18 years of age yet but already married that has been legalized by an Indonesian Official or Representative
- Photocopy of an Indonesian passport and/or foreign passport or other documents that have been legalized by the Indonesian Official or Representative
- Statement letter stating the release of the foreign nationality of the child that submitted the statement letter on a sheet of stamped paper that has been approved by an authorized foreign official or foreign representative office and
- 6 (six) pieces of recent 4x6 centimeter colored passport photo.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Population and Civil Registration Regional Service Offices
Jl. S. Parman No. 7, Jakarta Barat
Tel. Nos.: 5666241, 5681118
Contacts : http://www.jakarta.go.id/eng/no_penting
Children who reached the aged of 18 or already married.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- full name of the child
- place and date of birth
- home address
- full name of parents
- marital status of parents
- citizenship of parents
Need for the Document
Children who have Dual Citizenship, in no later than 3 (three) days after the age of 18 or already married, must choose one of their citizenship. In the case of the child choosing Indonesian citizenship, the statement is delivered to the Indonesian Official or Representative whose field of work covers the residence of the child.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Procedures for Children Aged 18 Years or Already Married to Obtain Dual Citizenship to Select Indonesian Citizenship:
More information which might help people.