Difference between revisions of "India - Online Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate"
(Created page with "<br><br> :'''Step 1 : '''First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online. If you would like to know about the documents that are require...")
Revision as of 13:11, 23 May 2020
- Step 1 : First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online. If you would like to know about the documents that are required for this procedure, please visit the following link : Required Documents for Obtaining a Passport
- Step 2 : Please use the following link to apply online : Apply Online.
- Step 3 : In this page, select “New User Registration” option in the left side of the page. Refer the below image where it is highlighted in Yellow.
- Step 4 : Now you will be taken to the registration page. Please enter all the necessary details and also select appropriate options to complete the registration process successfully. Then click “Register” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 5 : After successful registration process, you will receive the confirmation message. As a next step, you have to activate your account by clicking on the link which is sent to your registered Email ID.
- Step 6 : After activating your account you will be asked to enter the “User Id”. Your Email ID will be your User ID. Please enter it in the textbox and click “Submit” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 7 : After the submission of your User Id you will be directed to the home page again. Now you have to choose “Existing User Login” option which is highlighted in Yellow in the below image.
- Step 8 : In the login page, enter your User Id, Password and the characters displayed in the screen. Then click “Login” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 9 : In the new screen you can find the list of services provided by the Passport Seva portal. Please select “Apply for Police Clearance Certificate” option which is highlighted in Yellow in the below image.
- Step 10 : In the next page you can find two ways of applying PCC. Choose either one of the given methods to apply for PCC. If you want to select “Alternative 1” option then click on the hyperlink provided under “Alternative 1” section. Else click on the hyperlink under “Alternative 2” section. Refer the below image where alternative methods are highlighted in Yellow.
- Step 11 : If you select “Alternative 1” option then you will be taken to the page where you have to enter the passport details. Then click “Next >>” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 12 : In the next screen, you can find the “Applicant Details” section. Please enter all the necessary details and click “Next >>” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image. Also make sure you complete all the sections highlighted in Yellow in the below image and click “Next >>” tab at the end of each page.
- Step 13 : Refer the below image for “Family Details” section.
- Step 14 : Refer the below image for “Present Residential Address” section.
- Step 15 : Refer the below image for “Other Details” section.
- Step 16 : In this page, please enter the “Place” in the textbox. Also click on the checkbox after reading the declaration carefully. Refer the below image where options are highlighted in Yellow. If you wish to preview your application form then click “Preview PCC Form” tab else click “Save My Details” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 17 : In the same page you have to choose appropriate options for Passport Seva Optional Service. Refer the below image where options are highlighted in Yellow. Then click “Submit Form” tab which is highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 18 : After successful submission of your application, Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated in this page. Please make a note of it. Then you have to make the payment and upload documents by selecting the appropriate links highlighted in RED in the below image.
- Step 19 : On the appointment date, go to the passport seva kendra office as per appointment obtained. Make sure you have all the required documents in hand for verification.
- Step 20 : At the office, present the print out of appointment schedule to the authorities. They will advise you to submit the document at the counter for processing.
- Step 21 : After accepting your application, authorities will verify the authenticity of documents submitted with the original documents presented by applicant. Original document will be retained by applicant after authentication.
- Step 22 : If all documents are in place, applicant will be advised to pay the fees at the fee counter as per the notification from the counter authority.
- Step 23 : Go to the mentioned counter to submit application with fees, applicant will be issued with a receipt after the acceptance of document and fees. Please keep this receipt safe as it will be required to collect your PCC.
- Step 24 : This application will be processed internally and will be directed to state SP office for inspection/verification of information and personal details through respective police station. The local police station will do ground level verification and submit the record to the SP office.
- Step 25 : SP office will send a report to the passport office.
- Step 26 : Once the reports are satisfactory, applicant will be intimated through mobile to collect PCC on the said date.
- Step 27 : On the said date, applicant should go to passport seva kendra to collect PCC by producing the passport in original and by submitting the receipt (issued while applying).