India - Obtain Legal Heir Certificate (Succession Certificate)
(Created page with "==Introduction== If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct legal heir of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply f...")
Newer edit →
Revision as of 18:49, 22 October 2012
If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct legal heir of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for legal-heirship certificate on application for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc. If the person who died is a Government servant, legal heir certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds.
Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for legal-heirship certificate
- A legal heir certificate is issued by the government for those individuals whose parent/husband is dead without leaving a will.
- To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
- In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship
- To get employments for example compassionate appointments.
- Approach the District Thasildar office with the death certificate and produce the form.
- All required documents to be submit while lodging the application.
- It will take around a month to process all the necessary information and receive the certificate.
- Deceased name
- Family member Names and Relationship
- Applicant Signature
- Date of Application
- Residential Address
- The application to be made at Taluk office for issue of legal-heirship certificate should contain death certificate in original obtained from the competent authority and court fee stamp of Re.2/- affixed on the application.
- Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Tahsildar mentioning the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.
- Death certificate
- Identity Card
- Ration card
- Prescribed application form
Stamp of Re.2/-
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Office Locations & Contacts
Concerned Department Taluk offices under Revenue Department
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Legal Heir Certificate can be used to establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
India.gov.in - Obtain Legal Heirship Certificate: Tamil Nadu http://www.indiamike.com/india/india-expat-area-f84/getting-a-single-status-certificate-bangalore-t67445/
Form Details for: Application for Legal Heir Certificate http://india.gov.in/forms20.php?id=8564&statename1=Orissa&title=Application%20for%20Legal%20Heir%20Certificate&download=1&cs_r=&mod=fo
IndiaStudyChannel.com – How to get a legal Heirship certificate http://www.indiastudychannel.com/experts/13637-How-get-legalheirship-certificate.aspx
More information which might help people.