Honduras - Obtain Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the processing offices of the National Registry Office to request for a copy of the birth certificate.
- Certificates issued may be written manually or printed, both are valid.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
The procedure can be done by individuals, regardless of their degree consanguinity or affinity.
Application is free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Your application will be processed immediately.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Certificates may be obtained from processing offices of the National Registry Office where the birth was registered. For Civil Records include in the automated system , citizens can request for certificates no matter where it was enrolled, for all records are entered in the database.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. The term "birth certificate" can refer to either the original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth.
The birth certificate is a document issued by the Municipal Civil Registry, it contains information such as:
- Identity number, which is composed of the department code and town enrollment, year the birth was enrolled and sequential number of minutes performed.
- Folio numbers / volume and year to which said volume belongs.
- Full name and sex of the person
- Date, place and year in which the birth took place.
- Names and nationality of the father and mother
- Marginal Notes
- Details of the date and place where it was extended certification and the signature and stamp of Municipal Civil Registrar or the Director of the RNP , if it was extended in a Register Civil featuring automated and belongs to a different location to where he is certifying.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registro Nacional de las Personas, Honduras:
More information which might help people.