Honduras - Apply for a Firearms Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit a formal application to obtain a firearms permit addressed to the Secretary of State for Public Security. State in your application the purpose why you need to bring the weapon in Honduras, how you are planning of transporting it and other details (charge or bill of lading). The applicant must also state where the formal request to submit the customs and date of arrival of the firearms in Honduras.
- Pay all applicable custom duties.
- Submit your application along with all other required documents.
- Formal Application
- Authentic document duly authenticated (Apostille), attesting to the legal acquisition of weapons, stating the make, model, type, caliber and other characteristics of the parties.
- Document issued by legitimate authority attesting to the person concerned be entitled to the possession and carrying of the same.
Office Locations & Contacts
Secretary of State for Public Security
Tegucigalpa, Honduras, CA
Telephone No. (504) 220-5547
Fax No. (504) 220-4352
Citizens of Honduras and foreign citizens who are legal residents of Honduras are the only ones who has the right to purchase, own, possess, or transport any handgun, shotgun, or rifle as permitted and defined under the Act on the Control of Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Materials.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Firearms Permits are renewed every four years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Any person who wishes to carry firearms in Honduras must first secure a license to do so. Ownership and possesion of firearms in the country is regulated under the Ley de Control de Armas de Fuego, Municiones, Explosivos y Otros Similares (Act on the Control of Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Material).
Following are procedures on how to apply for a firearms permit.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Gun Politics in Honduras:
- Embassy of Honduras in Washington D.C:
More information which might help people.