Honduras - Apply for Replacement of Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You need to personally submit your application to the RNP office in the town where you live or reside, or where you are making your application for replacement processed.
- You will need to submit the cancellation payment slip (green).
- The officer will ask for the required documents to be presented and will conduct a short interview to gather some vital information to corroborate datas already stored in the database. Necessary corrections will be done, in case information on the database or those provided by the applicant is incorrect. Updates on information relating to the applicant stored in the database will also be performed during this process.
- Finally, the officer will hand in to the applicant a document that will attest, that the identity card will be delivered to the applicant, removing it from the delivery section of identity cards accompanied with green payment slip you got when you paid the replacement fee.
- Cancellation payment slip - payment may be made to any bank branch of your choice (official format Republic of Honduras, Secretary of Finance, Treasurer General of the Republic).
You may request copies of this form from a special window within the RNP offices, you will be asked to provide the your number identity card for internal control purposes.
Office Locations & Contacts
Owners of lost or damaged identity cards.
Replacement Fee: 200 Lempiras
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Your application will be processed within 30 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications are submitted to the municipal RNP where the applicant is a resident.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Identity cards are issued to Hondurans solely by the National Registry of Persons. It is a personal identification document enabling its holder to perform activities of political, academic, civil, financial, administrative, legal or notarial in nature. It is basically presented whenever the law requires a citizen to produce a document to identify themselves.
Following are procedures on how to replace lost or damaged identity cards.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registro Nacional de las Personas, Honduras:
More information which might help people.