Honduras - Apply for Dual Citizenship
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must go to the Municipal Civil Registry to register for dual nationality.
- Submit application form along with all other required documents.
- Once the authenticity of the documents are verified by the officer, he/she will register the name of the applicant in the the registration book of Dual Nationality in the Civil Registration System , honduran birth registration , if the registration is done in a Machining Civil Registration , online or offline , or Dual Enrollment Book Nationality , if it is a non machining municipal archives , or manually.
- The officer will then print the dual citizenship registration certificate.
- After reviewing all the information on the registration certificate, the officer will sign the document to formalize the applicants registration.
- The Certificate of Dual Nationality and registration will be printed and issued to the respondent , as proof that the procedure was successfully completed.
- Registration form
- Certification in original and one copy of the resolution or agreement issued by a competet authority of respective State which recognizes the benefit of dual nationality.
- Document that can prove that the applicant have updated his/her status at the Directorate General of Immigration and Aliens.
- Worksheet identity number assignment , the Registry of the District Municipality Central , assigned a special code 0880 , as the first four digits of identity beneficiaries citizens with dual nationality .
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Application is free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Your application will be processed immediately.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Dual citizenship means that you are a citizen of more than one country. For example you may hold two citizenships, one through your mother and one through your father. With dual citizenship, you have rights and obligations to two different states.
Following are procedures on how to apply for dual citizenship.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registro Nacional de las Personas, Honduras:
More information which might help people.