Hassan - Apply for Family Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Online Method
- Send applicant name in full as SMS to 9212357123 [(example: RCNEW Karthik M Patil) in your sms the applicant name should be complete without any spelling errors, as it will not be allowed to do any change in the application.]
- As soon as you SMS the applicant name, your mobile will receive a Entry /token number and a security code instantly. Use this token number and the security code to open your online ration card application at the Photo Bio center in ( urban areas) in the presence of a valid Ration card holder as your introducer.
- Fill up all your required family information in the online application format without any errors.
- Upload your family members photographs and biometrics.
- It is mandatory to carry your recent electricity bill, a photo ID proof and address proof original documents to the photo center. All these three documents should be scanned and uploaded online at the photo center without fail.
- It is also mandatory to introduce you as an applicant by any known valid ration card holder of your taluk.
- Hence you have to be accompanied by a known valid card holder of your area as your INTRODUCER to the photo center, while uploading your family members biophoto details. The introducer should carry his original ration card and his resent electricity bill with him.
- After the complete filling of your online application, get a self declaration downloaded and printed at the photo-bio center.
- Self declaration should be jointly signed by the applicant and the photo-bio center login person.,scan this signed declaration and upload online.
- The rate fixed for online submission of application, photographs and finger print biometrics of family members in the Photo-bio center is Rs 50/- only.
- Offline Method
- The application for a new ration card should be submitted in the prescribed form. The prescribed application forms are available in the respective offices free of cost. For obtaining computerised ration cards, an application fee of Re.1 is charged. The format is also displayed in the Fair Price Depots. The application can also be submitted on a plain paper but in the same format. It is not essential to use the printed form.
- Either the head of the family or the spouse should submit the applications. Applications through intermediaries, social workers, etc. will not be entertained. Applications received in bundles through anyone will also not be entertained.
- Three passport-sized photographs of the applicant
- Proof of residence: Copy of any of the following documents showing the residence address of the applicant
- Identity card issued by the Government or by Public Sector Undertakings
- Latest telephone bill on the name of the applicant
- Recent mail received by the applicant
- Latest LPG receipt on the name of the applicant
- Valid driving license
- Valid Passport
- Voter Identity card
- Latest tax paid receipt, if living in own house
- Extract of the Electoral Roll
- Latest rent-paid receipt, if living in a rented house, clearly indicating the name and complete postal address of the owner
- Any other documents that may prove the applicants residence
In respect of poor applicants who do not have any of the above documents, the Food Inspector will conduct local enquiry and draw up a mahazar about the applicant being a bonafide resident or not. Further, if the issuing authority is not satisfied by any one of the proofs given by the applicant, the authority may ask for a second proof from among any one of the proofs listed above. A decision will be taken on submission of the second proof.
- Latest Income Certificate, if the applicant is seeking a yellow card (BPL card). In addition, the Food Inspector concerned will conduct a local inquiry to verify the information about the ownership of any valuable assets that may disqualify the applicant from being issued a BPL card.
- Surrender certificate or deletion certificate issued by the competent authority of Food & Civil Supplies Department if the applicant has moved from one place to another.
Every applicant will be issued an acknowledgement with the due date. The applicant should demand and collect the acknowledgement. The applicant should obtain the ration card after duly signing in the assignment register maintained in the rationing office.
Office Locations & Contacts
Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Limited.
16/I, "Millers Tank Bed Area", Vasanthnagar,
Bangalore - 560 052.
PHONE 080-22200660, 22096655
- For Family Identity Card
Tollfree No 18004259339
- Families without Family Identity card
- Members belonging to divided families
- Couples who have newly married
- Temporary family identity card holders with expired cards
- Citizen of India
- Permanent resident / old inhabitant of the Island.
- Not in possession of any family identity card.
For the issue of a new ration card, Rs.5/- is the charge in case of BPL cards and Rs.10/- in case of APL cards, Rs.45/- for the issue of a computerised card in Bangalore I.R. Area and Bailahongal Taluk of Belgaum District.
In case of loss of ration card, the cardholder can apply for a duplicate ration card along with an affidavit about the loss of the card. The duplicate card will be issued after due enquiry, in 30 days time. The charges for the issue of a duplicate ration card are Rs.15/- for BPL cards, Rs.25/- for APL cards and Rs.45/- for the issue of computerised ration cards in Bangalore IR area and Bailahongal district.
Time period of a Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) card is 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Issue of New Card - 15 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Directorate of Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs is the one responsible of issuing Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) to residents of State.
The Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, Government of Karnataka enforces The Essential Commodities Act 1955 and various Control Orders issued there under to ensure proper control of the supply and distribution of, and trade and commerce in, certain commodities. The Department also administers the Targeted Public Distribution System which is an important constituent of the strategy for food security to the population Below Poverty Line.
In urban areas, aspirants of ration card must apply online. In rural areas, aspirants (who cant apply online) can visit panchayat or tahsildar offices and pay Rs 10 to apply.
- Full Name Applicant & Family Members
- Permanent Address
- Place of Residence
- Location code
- Date of Birth / Year of Birth of the applicant & family members
- Mobile of the applicant
- LPG connection details
- Name of the company and distributor of your LPG
- Consumer Number
- Name of the person under whose name the connection is registered
- Old Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) card number (if exists any)
Need for the Document
For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) are being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card.
Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. This card can be used at ration shops where food products can be purchased at lesser rates, which is a great economic help. This is also a very well accepted address and ID proof. This is an important document in case you need to apply for other government documents like passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A Family Identity Card is a very useful document for Indian citizens. It helps save money by aiding in the procurement of essential commodities at a subsidised rate. It has also become an important tool of identification now-a-days. You may produce a copy of your Family Identity Card as proof of identification when applying for other documents like Domicile Certificate, for inclusion of your name in the Electoral Rolls, etc.
For further information, visit:http://www.ahara.kar.nic.in
DEPARTMENT OF FOOD & CIVIL SUPPLIES
Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd.
Public Distribution System covers commodities such as:
- Kerosene Oil