Wikiprocedure > India > Haryana

Haryana - Obtain a New Water Connection

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  • For new water connection to their premises, applicant shall apply with their respective Municipal Corporation (Administrative authority) unless there is a separate agency to approach for.
  • If there are multiple agencies involved in water service delivery then, applicant has to get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the respective authority (usually municipal office) first and then allotment letter from the respective department (housing / development authority) as appropriate and apply.

Apply In-Person :

  1. To apply for new water connection go to Sub Divisional Engineer, PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT HARYANA department office in your area.
  2. Link for contact details : for contact details please complete the page prompt and hit “show directory” for details.
  3. Go to the respective office and consult with authority to do the preliminary round of discussion for your need. Once the details (any updated changes in government policy) are clarified, please arrange all the requirements.
  4. An application form for new water connection can be obtained from respective office on your visit Or can be a written one OR use the following link to download online. Link : application form link refer page number 3.
  5. Complete the application form attach the entire required document and submit it to the receiving authority.
  6. Once the application is received, authorities will verify the details and advise to pay the fees / charges (if applicable). So, please follow their guidelines to initiate the process.
  7. Applicant will be provided with a receipt for the successful submission of application. Authority will also mention about the probable days/date for the next step of activity.
  8. This application will be processed internally. Authorities will make an estimate about charges on distance of the house to the main pipe for any raw material requirement. Apart from this, applicant will also have to pay for road cutting charges.
  9. Connection will be provided upon notification after the authorities from the respective department makes inspection.

  • Applicant may have to provide required hardware In case of any arrangement for connection is required.
  • It is illegal to connect the water supply by motor.

Apply Online : - Haryana Obtain a New Water Connection Online with Images

  1. Please go to the online portal to apply. Link: online portal
  2. In the given page, please hit “Click here” against “Apply for New Water/Sewer Connection in Urban Local Bodies” to reach login page.
  3. Please complete the page prompt with credential and hit “Submit” to apply as [provided under “SIGN IN HERE” session
    • If you are a new user, the hit “New user ? Register here” option to register and then login.
  4. Now complete the prompted details for online form, make payment for the service as prompted and the upload required documents as prompted.
  5. Finally submit the application and get an acknowledgement. Please keep it safe for tracking the status.
  6. This application will be processed further and upon notification applicant has to follow the guidelines to get connection.

Through CSC :

  1. Use the following link to find the centre. Link: link
  2. Please go the respective office.
  3. Application can be obtained from the authorities.
  4. Submit the complete application along with required documents to the operator in the centre.
  5. Operator will check the details and start to process online using the computer.
  6. Applicant will get the transaction ID for the application made. Please keep it safe for future reference.
  7. This application will be processed by the respective department as per how it will be processed in person.
  8. Applicant will get notification about the status on his registered mobile number provided while applying.
  9. Applicant has to go and meet the respective authorities with documents as instructed to process further.
Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • Application form. Link :application form link refer page number 3.
  • Xerox copy of building sanction plan.
  • Receipt of the payment of building sanction fees.
  • No Objection Certificate from the assessment and collection department.
  • Proof of Identity.
  • Residence Proof (telephone bill/electricity bill)
  • Aadhaar card.
  • Electoral Photo Id Card / Passport / PAN Card / DL.
  • Photo.
  • Property Tax receipt.
  • Public Health Engg. Dept. Licensed Plumber Site Report
  • Proof for the ownership of the premises.
  • Self Declaration that property has been assessed/reassessed
  • In case of tenant applying – Then get authentication letter from proper owner along with the agreement for lease of the said property for which the NOC is required.
  • Site plan showing the layout of house or premises where water connection is intended.
  • NOC from Neighbouring landlord, if the pipe line crosses his property (if required)
  • NOC for cutting the road that comes under jurisdiction of Municipality/PWD or National Highway.(if required)
Note: Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Public Health Engineering Department, Haryana,
Bay No. 13-18, Sector 4, Panchkula, Haryana 134112
Phone: 0172-2561672
For contact details : online contact link And link2

Ads by Google


  • You should be the citizen of India.
  • Property should be in the state.
  • Those who require Water supply (for the premises or land whose state government taxes are active and paid on time).


  • Fees/charges should be paid as applicable and as advised by the authorities in terms of area.
  • Please refer this page for fee details: link


The connection availed will be available as long as the required tax or charges as per the department are paid.

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

  • Usually 15 days or as per notification.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. 	
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.

Ads by Google


Contact the Assistant Engineer or the competent authority of the local office of the water supply Department.

Required Information[edit]

  • Name of the applicant
  • Address
  • Complete details regarding your House / Building
Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

  • Government has implemented a well organised water distribution system for the public use.
  • As climatic changes have affected the ground water level and acute shortage in rainfall has resulted in need of water connection from government water supply.
  • Applicant has to follow proper application procedure to get this connection.
  • Applicant should have paid all the tax related to the property for which he needs connection and the NOC from respective office is a mandatory one.

Information which might help[edit]

  • The objective of the water supply department - Municipal Corporation is to provide uninterrupted water supply to the residents.
  • Beware – Law is strict against those who dodge to follow the amendments.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Place some external links which might help.
Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people.