Haryana - Obtain a Family Member Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
When a person in the family expires, the surviving family members such as Spouse, Sons, Daughter has to obtain a certificate which is referred as Family Member or Proper Person Certificate.
- Applicant can approach respective SDM or sub-registrar office to apply in person.
- Link for contact details : Link for office link please select the hyper link against the district name to reach the respective page and get the details under menu “About district” > “Who’s who” OR menu option “DIRECTORY “ > ”Telephone Directory” to get details of respective offices.
- Application form can be obtained from the office while applicant visits. OR Applicant shall write an application on an A4 paper. Please affix the advised stamp on the paper as per requirement.
- Please go to the respective office and submit the completed application form along with the required document to the respective authorities.
- Authorities after receiving the application will check the attached documents and details. If all are in place, they will make entries in their registry and provide you record number for reference.
- Tahsildar OR respective authority will assign the application for further processing to the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and MRO OR the authorities concerned.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details will be made against the details provided by the above authorities.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the Tahsildar OR respective authority to decide and issue the Certificate to the applicant with the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.
- Applicant will get the certificate after due verification
- Note : In some cases applicant might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done.
- Application form.
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card, Aadhar card
- Ration card, EPIC Card
- Aadhaar card
- Date of birth certificate such as 10th Standard certificate
- Death Certificate (of the deceased)
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill
- Passport size photographs
- A Gazette officer attested and duly signed bond paper on the pro forma.
Office Locations & Contacts
Near District Court Complex,
Manav Chowk, Ambala,
Haryana - 134003, India
‘’’Link for contact :’’’link1 and Link for office AND link please select the hyper link against the district name to reach the respective page and get the details under menu “About district” > “Who’s who” OR menu option “DIRECTORY “ > ”Telephone Directory” to get details of respective offices.
Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for family member certificate respectively as applicable.
- Authorities shall provide further information. Please pay as authorities quote.
- Stamp charges (as affixed on the application)
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be one week to one month.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain a Family Member Certificate by applying in person.
- You should have valid documents such as ration card, pan card, voter id card.
- You should manually complete the application forms and submit in the respective office of your area.
- The applicant should submit passport size photographs with the application.
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Other family member’s names (who are alive)
- Applicants Date of birth
- Relationship to the applicant
- Every family member’s date of birth
- Every applicant’s occupation
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Gazetted officer should duly attest the application form
- Gazetted officer should duly sign on the bond paper with the proper pro forma.
- Xerox copy of the family head death certificate
- Xerox copy of the completed application
Need for the Document
- If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct family member of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for family member / proper person certificate for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc.
- If the person who died is a Government servant, Family Member Certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds.
- To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
- In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship
- This certificate is required to claim the bank balance that was unclaimed by the account holder after death.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- Family member certificate is not a Legal Heir certificate
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Family member certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.