Haryana - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 12 External Links
- 13 Others
- 14 Instructions
- 15 Required Information
- 16 Need for the Document
- Apply to the concerned Sub Divisional Magistrate after verification by Patwari and Tehsildar for rural areas, and by the Municipality EO/MC for urban areas. Deposit the requisite fee and get the certificate in the specified time.
- After fulfilling the all requirements and submitting complete application, a draft order of your form is sent to the attesting authority for verification, once it get the positive response and confirmation from Class I Gazetted officer of the attesting authority. Domicile Certificate is issued to the applicant.
You can apply through the following link : Link for Domicile Application
You will need following documents if you want to apply for a Domicile Certificate
- Application form
- Any one from the below condition
- Applicant should be the resident of district
- Date of birth certificate
- Applicant home should be in the district
- Applicant must residing in the district for 15 OR more than 15 years
- Copy of Ration Card / Copy of Voter Card / Name in the Voter List (one of them)
- The attestation form is sent to the class-I officer who has attested it for re-confirmation. After receiving the re-confirmation, necessary certificate is issued.
- Self-Attested Certificate
- Proof that you have been resident of the state for minimum period that is specified by the state.
- Proof that you are an owner of land in that state
- Valid identification proof
- School certificates
- Tehsil inquiry report
Office Locations & Contacts
- S. D. M. Office
A-Block, 1st Floor, Mini Secretariat,
Phone : (0129)2227868
- S. D. M. Office
Panchayat Bhawan, Ballabgarh
Phone : (0129)2304500
- Deputy Commissioner
DC Residence Ambala City
Email id : [email protected], [email protected]
- Haryana citizen holding land can avail the service.
- Women not originally belonging to a State/UT, but married to men who are permanent residents of the State/UT are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate.
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The process is usually completed within a week's time.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
blank form for getting domicile certificate of haryana
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed.
The domicile certificate is necessary for various issues like to open an bank account, passport services, to make ration card etc. This certificate is needed to provide the facilities which is offered by the educational institute and government jobs.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.
- Concerned Authority
- Patwari and Tehsildar for rural areas.
- Municipality EO/MC for urban areas.
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.