Haryana - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Every birth has to be reported within 21 days of its occurence.
- When a birth takes place in case of a dolmiciliary event then the head of the house should inform to the concerned registrar to obtain the birth certificate.
- When a birth takes place in hospital then the incharge of the medical institution should inform to the concerned registrar.
- When a birth takes place in Hostel, Jail, dharmsala or lodging house then the incharge of the institution has to report about the birth.
- Free copy of the certificate can be obtained at that time
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approched for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- For granting extract relating to each birth certificate. Rs.5.00
- For searching a single entry in the first year. Rs.2.00
- Searching for every additional year. Rs.2.00
- Additional fee in case of urgent requirement. Rs.5.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births Act, 1969) to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery
Birth can be reported in the prescribed forms i.e; Form No1.
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of ones birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport.
Information which might help
- Concerned Authority
- Rural Area:- For Rural area, one has to apply to the District Registrar (Births)cum Civil Surgeon of the concerned district.
- Urban Area:- For Urban area one has to apply to the Registrar (Births) cum Secretary of the concerned Municipality for Birth and Death registration and certificates.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.