Haryana - Obtain Duplicate Fire Arms (Gun) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Duplicate fire arms license is required
- In case of missing/lost of Arms License book
- In case, old license book is completely damaged.
- In case of missing/lost of Arms License book
- Applicant has to apply with the Arms Licensing branch of the concerned Commissioner of Police office in the respective districts of Haryana.
- Following link provides contact details: online link please select citizen information and choose district police websites and choose the respective district name.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used
- Applicant shall submit the completed application along with the copy of report registered with police station.
- Once authorities accept your application after checking the details, applicant will be asked to submit the weapon with the respective authority for inspection.
- Once your weapon is inspected, applicant will be asked to meet the authorities for antecedent check with the records department for any criminal records.
- After all the above process are satisfactory, applicant has to make the appropriate fees as per advice at the respective counter and obtain the receipt.
- This application will be processed further.
- Applicant will be advised to collect the duplicate copy of the license at a counter as per the notified time.
- In case, old license book is completely damaged
- Applicant shall approach the authorities as explained above and process as per the steps above.
- Here, while submitting, please submit the original license (damaged/mutilated remains) as a proof to obtain the duplicate license.
- No need for the copy of report registered with police station.
- The submitted application will be processed further to issue duplicate license.
- The licensee can apply for renewal of his /her license from one month in advance to one month later from the date of expiry of license. This period will be treated, as valid period for renewal and within this period only the due fees will be charged but afterwards late fees will be charged.
- In case of details need to be clarified, authorities will take time for the same to issue duplicate certificate.
- Weapon to be produced for inspection.
- Application form.
- Copy of reportregistered with Police Station
- Recent Passport size photographs of applicant attested on the reverse by a Gazetted officer
- Valid Arm License (remains in damaged condition)
- Proof of residence i.e. electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, driving license, passport, election voter id-card, ration card, property/house tax, tax return, etc. (self attested photocopies of at least any two documents)
- Ration Card .
- Aadhaar Card.
- Affidavit on Stamp paper (of the advised value) duly attested by Notary mentioning the details of Arms license and that he/she has lost.
Office Locations & Contacts
Tel. +91 0172 - 2587529,
Link for contact information: online link please select citizen information and choose district police websites and choose the respective district name.
Valid license holder whose license is lost, damaged or stolen
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Fees may vary in variation of the arms.
- A license is valid for 3 years from the date on which it is granted (unless revoked earlier) and need to be renewed before one month of expiry
- The duplicate license will hold the validity of the damaged or stolen or lost license’s validity period.
- License may be granted for a shorter period also, if the person by whom the license is required desires or if the licensing authority decides
- License is renewable from time to time - Even the authority can ask for renewal in between the renewal period for recording purpose
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It is same day process unless any clarification or investigation is required
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Applicant has to come to the Arms Licensing Branch and submit the weapon along with arms license book remains or with copy of report registered with police station.
- Name of Applicant
- Present and permanent address
- Date of birth, age
- Occupation and designation
- Particulars of Licence
Need for the Document
- Indian National can claim a license for self-defence, general security, sports-shooting etc.,
- Any person who wishes to carry firearms must first secure a license. If the valid license is lost or stolen or damaged, then one has to apply for duplicate one.
- Arms license (also known as a gun license) is a license or permit issued by government to an eligible individual.
Information which might help
- Any foreign national is allowed to own and bear arms for a maximum period of 6 months during their stay in India, given valid reasons.
- Any Indian who is returning to India and has owned a gun in his foreign residence for over 2 years, can apply for an Indian license and bring back the gun they owned abroad.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.