Haryana - Obtain Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
If the deceased has left a will in favour of a relative, then the relative will have to get this certificate to claim those benefits.
In the absence of a will, the property of a deceased goes to Class I heirs (Son, daughter, widow, mother etc) If there is no Class I heir, it will go to Class II heirs (father, brother, sister, brother's son, sister's son etc). When there's no Class II heir either, then the property will go to Agnates. Those relatives of the deceased may be related by blood or adoption. They should get this certificate in order to claim the benefit
- Applicant can approach respective SDM or sub-registrar office to apply in person.
- Link for contact details : Link for office link please select the hyper link against the district name to reach the respective page and get the details under menu “About district” > “Who’s who” OR menu option “DIRECTORY “ > ”Telephone Directory” to get details of respective offices.
- Application form can be obtained from the office while applicant visits OR Applicant shall write an application on an A4 paper. Please affix the advised stamp on the paper as per requirement.
- Please go to the respective office and submit the completed application form along with the required document to the respective authorities.
- Authorities after receiving the application will check the attached documents and details. If all are in place, they will make entries in their registry and provide you record number for reference.
- Thasildhar OR respective authority will assign the application for further processing to the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and MRO OR the authorities concerned.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details will be made against the details provided by the above authorities.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the Thaasildhaar OR respective authority to decide and issue the Certificate to the applicant with the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.
- Applicant will get the certificate after due verification
- Note : In some cases applicant might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done.
- Application form.
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card, Aadhar card
- Ration card, EPIC Card
- Aadhaar card
- Date of birth certificate such as 10th Standard certificate
- Death Certificate (of the deceased)
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill
- Passport size photographs
- A Gazette officer attested and duly signed bond paper on the pro forma.
Office Locations & Contacts
Surviving family members (a relative) of the deceased.
- Authorities shall provide further information. Please pay as authorities quote.
- Please pay for the required amount for stamp (as affixed on the application)
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be one week to one month.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain a Family Member Certificate by applying in person.
- You should have valid documents such as ration card, pan card, voter id card.
- You should manually complete the application forms and submit in the respective office of your area.
- The applicant should submit passport size photographs with the application.
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Other family member’s names (who are alive)
- Applicants Date of birth
- Relationship to the applicant
- Every family member’s date of birth
- Every applicant’s occupation
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Gazetted officer should duly attest the application form
- Gazetted officer should duly sign on the bond paper with the proper pro forma.
- Death certificate Photo copy of deceased
- Photo copy of the completed application
Need for the Document
- Surviving family members of the deceased are often required to produce "Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person" for the purpose of settlement of claims.
- You may get your "Certificate for Surviving Family Members of a Deceased Person" from the concerned authorities in your area.
- If the deceased has left a will in favor of a relative, then the relative will have to get this certificate to claim those benefits.
Information which might help
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- Details of surviving members of deceased, their age and relationship with the deceased and Purpose for which the certificate is required need to be explained to the authorities.
NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get this certificate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.