Haryana - Get License or Permit for ISI stamp on your product
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The certification activities of Bureau of Indian Standards are de-centralized to its five regional offices. The central region located in Delhi, the eastern region located in Kolkata, the northern region located in Chandigarh, the southern region located in Chennai and the western region located in Mumbai.
- The Deputy Director General (Region) is the granting, renewing and cancellation authority of the licence and this activity is coordinated by the Management Systems Certification Officer of the region.
- Applicant shall approach Branch Office under whose dominion the manufacturing unit is located.
- Link for contact details : Branch Office link Please click the Branch office area name to get contact details. AND System Certification Officer link
- Link for application form : Link Please refer page number 16
- Applicant shall submit the filled application form with required documents as per our required document section along with demanded fee.
- Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place submitted application will be accepted.
- Applicant will be provided with receipt for submission of application.
- BIS will assign an officer to evaluate the factory to ensure the manufacturer’s capability in producing goods as per the specified standards of the bureau for that category.
- The samples are collected and tested in the BIS labs. Once the satisfactory results are obtained the manufacturer is provided with the license and ISI number to be used on the product’s packaging.
- All foreign registered users having no liaison office or branch office located in India have to appoint Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) as per the guidelines issued by BIS in the prescribed nomination form.
- Link for nomination form : link
- Application form
- Insurance policy
- Registration certificate of industry
- Receipt of property tax
- List consisting names of Manufacturing machinery
- Aadhaar card of directors
- Nomination form as per requirement
- Self declaration
- Bank’s Statement
- Copy of Test Reports
- Calibration certificate of the tested item
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
9 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
Tel : +91 11 23230131, 23233375, 23239402 (10 lines)
Fax : +91 11 23234062, 23239399, 23239382
After office hours : +91 11 23215936
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Link : link
Northern Region Office, Haryana
Plot No. 4-A, Sector 27-B,
Chandigarh – 160 019.
(PBX) 0172-2650206, 2650290
Fax : 0172-2650259
Link for contact information: Contacts link AND link2
- Those who are registered manufacturer of goods.
- Please use the following link to know fees details : link
An ISI certificate is valid for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years.
Documents to Use
- Application Please refer page number 16
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 4 to 6 months
- While applying for certain products through simplified process the certificate is issued within 30 days. Please get advice from the authorities.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Don’t forget to take all the originals of the document along with copy for applying.
- Better inform a chartered accountant and take his assistance.
- Ensure that application is complete before submission.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- ISI or Indian Standard Institute has a 7 digit number allotted by the Bureau of Indian Standards. CM/L number is compulsory for ISI marks and without this it cannot be sold in the Indian market as a ISI certified product.
- A product having an ISI mark has many benefits. Hence make sure that ISI license is obtained.
Information which might help
- If there is any falsification or counterfeit of the ISI trademark is found, then the offender is liable to pay a penalty of Rs 50,000 or as applicable. He can also suffer imprisonment, which may extend to one year.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.