Haryana - Apply or Renew for Management and Handling of Bio-Medical Waste
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply or renew for Management and Handling of Bio-Medical Wastes in person, the person representing the concerned Industry has to visit the Head office of the Haryana State Pollution Control Board.
- The Head Office of HSPCB can be visited or contacted by the applicant with the help the link given below: Link
- Visit the Regional Office and get the Application form or refer the “Documents to use” section of this page to download the application form.
- Please fill the application with essential information and details. Select whether you want to apply for a new authorisation or renew old one by tick marking “Fresh” or “Renewal” check box. Then attest it with your signature.
- Make sure that you have all the documents that are listed in “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned.
- Then, it should be submitted to the District Environmental Engineer who will further put the application and attached documents into scrutiny to check if there is any deficiency.
- If anything found, it will be returned to the industry. The industry is supposed to resubmit the application or provide proper clarification for the deficiency.
- The corrected complete application is now sent to the Inspection of Site and examined by the concerned official.
- If the inspection finds any incorrect information, the DEE shall return the application and obtain the correct information.
- Once when all the furnished information is found sufficient by the Engineer concerned, the Inspection Report shall be submitted.
- After further processes, the hard copy of the signed Authorization order shall be despatched within a day of approval, to the proponent.
- To apply or renew for Management and Handling of Bio-Medical Wastes, you have to visit the Investor portal in HSPCB website using the following link: Link
- Click on “Login/Register” button to login into the portal or make a new registration if you have not registered already.
- After registration, login into the portal using your login details. You will have to create a Combined Application Form (CAF) which is default for all users. The users will have the provision of specifying the service that the user need.
- Click on “Add CAF” option to create an application for Bio-medical Waste Authorization. Select “Project Type” as “New Enterprise/Expansion/Diversification”. An application module will open with fields required to be filled by the applicant.
- Fields marked with ‘red asterisk’ are mandatory. Please fill the application with appropriate details of the Industry (that is to be set up), Personal details (including PAN) and Land Use details.
- Read the terms & conditions and select the check box “I Accept Terms and Conditions” and proceed to upload photocopy of Applicant’s signature. Also, specify the place.
- After adding CAF, you will be redirected to see you CAF’s where you should click on “Details” button. In the next page, select “Services required” tab and select department as “Haryana State Pollution Control Board”.
- List of services will be displayed in which you should click “Require” button corresponding to ‘Authorization under Bio-medical Waste’. Then, click on “Service In Progress” tab to find the services you selected.
- In the next page, use “Check list” option to view the required documents and “Fill Service form” to fill the application form and submit.
- Specify whether the authorization required is fresh or renewal. Then, provide the details of Bio-medical wastes as applicable to the need of Collection, Reception, Treatment, Transport, Storage and Disposal. Now, proceed to upload all the required documents and pay the fees (if prescribed any).
- Then, it should be submitted to the District Environmental Engineer who will further put the application and attached documents into scrutiny and check if there is any deficiency. If anything found, it will be returned to the industry. The industry is supposed to resubmit the application or provide proper clarification for the deficiency.
- The corrected complete application is now sent to the Inspection of Site and examined by the concerned Engineer. After further processes, the soft copy of the signed Authorization order shall be made available in the module for the applicant to download.
- Letter of Requisition
- Raw materials list and their Quality details
- Products list and their Quality details
- Manufacturing process flow description
- Treatment, storage and disposal facility agreement copy
- Recent copy of Consent order or Renewal
Office Locations & Contacts
- Occupier should apply for the BMW Authorization only after obtaining the valid Consent/Renewal of consent order.
- The occupier should be capable of providing suitable and safe premises with proper ventilation and isolated storage location for segregated biomedical waste.
- The proponent should be aware of the act amended on the management of Bio-Medical Wastes. To download, click here: Link
Please approach concerned department authorities for fees details.
As per the provisions of the Rules, the validity of the Bio-medical Waste Authorization for the bedded HCF(Hospital) and Operator of common Facility shall be synchronized with the validity of the consents for the HCF(Hospital) or Common Facility.
Documents to Use
Application form can be found in the page number 29 of the following document: Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes up to 90 days for the processing of Bio-Medical waste authorization after receiving the application completely in all respects.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It has to be ensured that applicants should not have submitted applications (either Consent or HWA or BWA) using more than one User Id for the industry location.
- The occupier shall pre-treat the laboratory waste, microbiological waste, blood samples and blood bags through disinfection or sterilisation on-site in the manner as prescribed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or National AIDs Control Organisation (NACO) guidelines and then sent to the common bio-medical waste treatment facility for final disposal.
- The occupier shall phase out use of chlorinated plastic bags, gloves and blood bags within two years from the date of notification of these rules.
- Address of the Industry
- Address of the Occupier
- Date of Industry Commissioning
- Revenue details of the industry
- Occupier’s Email id and mobile number
Need for the Document
Every occupier or operator handling bio-medical waste, irrespective of quantity, is required to obtain Authorisation.
Information which might help
- The operator shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the bio-medical waste collected from the occupier is transported, handled, stored, treated and disposed of, without any adverse effect to the human health and the environment, in accordance with these rules and guidelines issued by the Central Government or, as the case may be, the central pollution control board from time to time.
- The operator shall establish bar coding and global positioning system for handling of bio- medical waste within one year.
- The operator of the common bio-medical waste treatment facility shall ensure collection of biomedical waste on holidays also.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.