Haryana - Apply for Senior Citizen Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for the senior citizen certificate, please approach the concerned Social Justice And Empowerment office.
- Following link provides contact details: Telephone Contact
- Please go to the respective office to get details for applying and also the application form.
- Link for application form: Senior Citizen certificate
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the completed form along with the documents to the concerned authority.
- This application will be processed internally. Verification of submitted documents will also be carried.
- After successful completion, Certificate will be delivered to the applicant through postal or in person as per the applicable norms.
- The whole process of issuing the Senior Citizen Certificate will take 7 working days.
- Application form. Link for form: Senior Citizen certificate
- Two photographs of the applicant.
- Aadhaar card
- ID card of the applicant (Pension book/ School certificate/ Identity Card issued by competent authority OR Bank passbook with photo)
- Residential Proof(Ration cards/Valid Passport/Voter ID card)
- Pan card ( For Monthly Pension above Rs.15,000 per month)
- Birth certificate / document to prove the age
- Residence certificate issued by Competent Authority for the said period as required.
Office Locations & Contacts
The Director General,
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment,
SCO 20-27, Jeevandeep Building,
3rd floor, Sector 17-A, Chandigarh.
Email: [email protected]
- Applicant should be citizen of India.
- Applicant should be above the age of 60
- Authorities will provide fee details while applying in person.
Senior Citizen certificate is valid for rest of life.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
7 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Get the senior citizen certificate from the concerned circle officer or DC office.
Following are the required information to apply for the senior citizen certificate
- Age of the applicant
- Ration card details
Need for the Document
- The Government of India provides facilities for citizens above the age of 60 years. In order to avail those facilities one has to get the certificate.
- The senior citizen certificate will allow the holder to receive numerous benefits like discounts in Railways, Flights and other benefits from the government.
Information which might help
- Without cross signature(half on paper and half on photograph) and signature on undertaking, the application will be rejected
- One has to produce the card to prove the authorities whenever asked for. So, this card must be carried always.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Senior citizen certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.