Haryana - Apply for Repair License under Weights and Measure
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Those who wanted to do carry on repair and maintenance business in weight and measure, then they have to apply for the repair license with the respective state legal metrology department
- Applicant shall approach office of the designated local Legal Metrology Officer / Assistant Controller of Legal Metrology for the district under whose dominion the proposed unit is located.
- Link for contact details : link
- Go to the office.
- Obtain the application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- After filling/completing application form attach all the required documents as per our required document section.
- Submit the document set along with required/applicable fee to the receiving authority.
- Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place, application will be accepted.
- Applicant will get an acknowledgement for the submission of application.
- This application will be handed over to the inspection team/authority (Local Senior Inspector/Inspector). They will conduct the inspection of premises proposed by the applicant and also verify the documents. Once they finished their due diligence a report along with application will be sent to the Licensing department.
- After review of the submitted application and report the licensing authority may constitute a committee to examine and test the capability and competence of the applicant to repair the weights and measure, accordingly the committee prepares and sends its report to the license issuing authority.
- The licensing authority after examining the application and finding it suitable for grant of License, may require the applicant to deposit the License fee.
- Once the fee is deposited and copy thereof received in the Assistant Controller’s office, he will issue the license in the prescribed format.
- Applicant gets notification about the approval. License will be delivered as per applicable norms.
- If the license is refused due to non-compliance of all or any of the requirements, the decision duly reasoned shall be communicated within 15 days to the applicant.
- The applicant is required to furnish an experience certificate (skilled worker / proprietor / Partner / Director of the firm or certificate from I.T.I in Instrument Mechanic & Electronics) for at least one year for the items applied for Repairing.
- The premises should be suitable and adequate (not less than the area as prescribed)
- Application form
- Identity proof.
- Certificate of Registration of Industry
- NOC from Competent Authority.
- Employee Copies of Appointment Letters with photographs, Qualification and Experience Certificate, if any;
- Machineries, Tools and Accessories list with purchase bill.
- GST Registration Certificate.
- Professional Tax Registration Certificate
- Valid Labour Licence.
- 2 Passport size photo.
- Authenticated document regarding Proprietorship
- In case the firm is not a proprietorship concern the firm should submit a copy of Partnership deed duly attested by First Class Magistrate / Notary / Oath Commissioner and in case of Private Company or Limited Company, Memorandum of Association approved by the Ministry of Company Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Premises - ownership documents/ registered rent or leave license agreement or lease agreement NOC from the owner / NOC of the member if the premise is owned by family member.
- PAN card
- Self-declaration about whether the Applicant has violated any of the provisions of Legal Metrology Act, 2009 or rules made there under.
- Latest electricity bill.
- Aadhar card of directors
- Self-attested copy of the applicable documents should be attached
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Controller Legal Metrology, Haryana,
Sh. Pankaj Agarwal, IAS 30 Bays Buliding,Sec.17,
Chandigarh. Ph. No.
Contact Link : link
- Applicant should be the citizen of India
- Age limit 18 years and above
- An individual or a company registered under government act is eligible to apply.
- Having 1 year of experience or having required education.
- Fee details shall be obtained while applying.
- Rs.100 is what collected as fees in general.
Every licence issued to a manufacturer shall be valid for a minimum period of one calendar year and can be renewed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 30 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The shop premises should be suitable and adequate and must be of independent entrance without opening any residential part of the premises.
- Don’t forget to take all the originals of the document along with copy for applying.
- Better inform a chartered accountant and take his assistance.
- Ensure that application is complete before submission.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- The Department issues repair licence for dealing in weighing & measuring instruments.
- Repair/maintanance activity with respect to weights and measure without this license is punishable. So, one has to follow the steps as explained in this procedure to obtain one.
Information which might help
- A licence issued or renewed under this Act shall not be saleable or transferable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.