Guntur - Transfer of Arms (Gun) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
In case of the licensee alive
- The Licensee has to submit his representation to licensing authority expressing his willingness to transfer his weapon to his legal heir.
- All the documents for grant of new arms license to legal heir also to be submitted to the licensing authority.
- The licensing authority may grant a license to such legal heir, if the eligibility conditions under the Arm Act and Arm Rules and these rules are fulfilled by the said legal heir and there are no adverse remarks in the police
- This procedure is like applying for a new license and need to produce all the required document as in the case of a new arm license
In case of death of licensee
- In case of death of the licensee, as a first step the relatives of the deceased (licensee) should come to Licensing Unit and submit the death certificate along with the original Arms License.
- Weapon deposit permission shall be issued to them by the Licensing Unit for depositing the weapon belonging to the deceased with any authorized arm dealer or with the nearest police station.
- Once the arm is submitted then the legal heir will make the application for transfer has to be made at the licensing unit as advice by the authorities. This procedure will be same as the new license. All verifications, counseling and scrutiny will be done prior to transferring the license.
- Recent Passport size Photo
- Address Proof
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Tax Returns
- Pan Card
- Death certificate of the licensee (if applicable)
- Legal heir certificate
- Affidavit from other legal heirs for transferring the license
Office Locations & Contacts
- DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE / CT SECRETARY / COMMISSIONER / JOINT COMMISSIONERS /
Pingali Venkaiah Marg, Near PWD Ground,
Suryaraopeta, Buckinghampeta, Vijayawada,
Andhra Pradesh 520002
Link for important contacts: link for contacts
- Legal heirs includes husband, wife, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother, sister and grandchildren of the licensee or the deceased licensee
As per authorities advise
- A license is valid for 3 years from the date on which it is granted (unless revoked earlier)
- License may be granted for a shorter period, if the person by whom the license is required desires or by the licensing authority
- License is renewable from time to time - even the authority can ask for renewal in between the renewal period for recording purpose
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 45 working days (Excluding submission of Arms and license)
- Renewal can be obtained little earlier
Andhra Pradesh - Transfer Of Arms (Gun) License
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner who is in charge of issuing Arms License Registration.
- Name of Applicant
- Present and permanent address
- Date of birth, age
- Occupation and designation
- Whether the applicant has been:
- Convicted if so, (the offenses),the sentence and date of sentence.
- Ordered to execute a bond under chapter VIII of Cr. P. C. for keeping the peace or for good behavior if so when and for what period.
- Prohibited under the Arms Act, 1959 or any other law from having the arms/ ammunition.
- Whether the applicant applied for a licence before if so when to whom & with what result.
- Whether the applicants licence was over suspended or cancelled/ revoked if so, when and by whom and on what account.
- Whether any other member of the applicants family is in possession of an arms licenses if so particulars thereof.
- Whether the applicant :
- Is a licensee or esteem if so, description of arms hold.
- Has a safe place for keep the arm.
- Particulars of Licence
Need for the Document
- Indian National can claim a license for self defense, general security, sports-shooting etc.,
- Any person who wishes to carry firearms must first secure a license to do so and has to renew before the period of license lapse
- When the original licensee is alive, he in his life-time may transfer the arms license to his legal heir and also when the original licensee has expired, the license can be transferred to legal heir.
- Arms license (also known as a gun license) is a license or permit issued by government to an eligible individual
Information which might help
- Any foreign national is allowed to own and bear arms for a maximum period of 6 months during their stay in India, given valid reasons.
- Any Indian who is returning to India and has owned a gun in his foreign residence for over 2 years, can apply for an Indian license and bring back the gun they owned abroad.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.