Guntur - Renew Stage Carriage Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Renew Stage Carriage Permit in Guntur .
- To renew Stage Carriage Permit in Guntur the applicant has to approach the RTO office where the permit was obtained. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Application forms can be downloaded from the link: Forms Link
- Application Form PSS can be downloaded with the link : Link for Application
- Make sure that all the required documents are in hand.
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented along with documents and appropriate fees.
- Officials would start processing your application.
- Important verification for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Seating arrangements etc.. will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed.
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link
( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Online Slot Link
Apply through State Portal
- Application To renew Stage Carriage Permit can be made Online portal
- Please click the “PERMIT SERVICES” link that is displayed under the “Permit” section of the screen.
- In the next screen, please click on the “Renewal of Permit” option and hit “NEXT”
- In the next screen, select permit type and enter registration number followed by details of Aadhaar or Voter id and Select appropriate options and hit “NEXT”
- You will be given a new screen to enter details
- You have to choose the day and time that you are planning to visit the RTO office related to the application and click “Next” button that is displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- Please follow the instructions appropriately that are displayed in the follow screens for filling the application forms and making payments and uploading required documents appropriately.
- Take printout of the application form including acknowledgement and go to RTO office before 11:30 a.m. on the date of appointment and Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Application forms can be obtained from following link : Application forms
- Application Form PSS can be downloaded with the link : Form Link
- Original Permit
- Registration Certificate
- Valid Fitness Certificate
- Valid Insurance Certificate
- No-objection Certificate from the financier if the vehicle is covered by hire purchase Agreement/Hypothecation/Lease.
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Pollution under control certificate
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Transport Office
JKC College Rd, Swarnabharathi Nagar,
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522006
Phone: 0863 235 5194
Location in map
Deputy Transport Commissioner
Bengaluru-Chennai Bypass Road (NH-4),
Andhra Pradesh 517002
Phone: 099085 77129
Location in Map
Office Of Deputy Transport Commissioner & Secretary Regional Transport Authorty
Chodimella, West Godavari, SH-43,
Gangaram Chintalapudi Road, Eluru,
Andhra Pradesh 534005
Phone: 099911 21421
Location in Map
- Owner of the vehicle
- The validity of the permit is not lapsed
Fee related information can be obtained from following link : Fee information
- Usually permit is valid for 5 years
- Renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO.
- The age of the vehicle also limits the validity
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from following link : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
This procedure can be completed on the same day.
Andhra Pradesh - Renew Stage Carriage Permit
Stage carriage permit is granted by the Chairman, State Transport Authority.
- Full name of applicant
- Name of father (in case of an individual)
- The routes or area for which permit is desired
- The maximum number of vehicles which will ply at any one time under the terms of the permit.
- The minimum number of vehicles which will ply at any one time under the terms of the permit in the area, or on any route or any part of any route and the minimum number of daily vehicle-trips.
- The type or types of vehicle to be used on the service and the approximate seating capacity.
- Particulars of the time-table(s) proposed.
- The standard rate of fare which it is proposed to charge.
- Particulars of any stage or contract carriages permit (or similar authorisation under the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1914), valid in the Province, held by the applicant
- Particulars of any permit (or similar authorisation under the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1914), held by the applicant in respect of the use of any transport vehicle in "the Dominion of India" during the last four year, which has been the subject of an order of suspension of cancellation.
Need for the Document
- The need for Stage Carriage Permit arises with the requirement to operate trips in a route / area for carrying passengers with stages (Stops)
- The Stage Carriage Permit allows holders to service an area with a specific route. The permit also mentions the type of vehicle that is granted permission to operate, the approved timetable, the number of trips it can make in a day and standard rate of fare it can charge.
- One cannot operate his vehicle without this permit in the allowed route.
- This permit need to be renewed before the validity of the permit lapses to ply the vehicle for the service.
Information which might help
- A trip means one way travel and doesn’t include return
- The type and seating capacity of each such vehicle for Stage Carriage should be notified to the authorities
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Guntur can be listed here.