Guntur - Register as Voter (Voters ID Card or Electro Photo Identity Card)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply in person
- Go to the nearest electoral office and collect a copy of Form 6, for inclusion of name in the electoral roll. Link for form6 : Form Link
- Completely filled in details and submit the form along with the required documents.
- An acknowledgement will be issued in the form of an application reference number, which can be used to track the application status.
- Once the internal process is initiated, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will make a visit to verify the information mentioned in the application.
- Upon successful verification, the voter ID card will be dispatched by post to the address mentioned in the application form.
Apply through online portal
- Go to the Andhra Pradesh CEO website. Link for site : Link for online
- Click on the “E-registration” tab on the top menu bar
- Select “Assembly constituency” tab from the drop down menu and click form 6 from the sub option.
- Fill in the online form with details asked for also upload the required documents and submit.
- On submission, a reference number will be generated that serves as a receipt as well as helps in tracking the status.
- The internal process will be initiated and a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit to verify the details to complete the process
- On successful completion, the voter id will be dispatched to the address mentioned while applying
- Passport size photograph
- Ration Card (or)
- Driving License (or)
- Birth Certificate (or)
- School/College Certificate (or)
- Aadhar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Chief Electoral Officer & E.O Principal Secretary to Govt.
Room No.192, Ground Floor, Building No.5, A.P.Secretariat
Velagapudi, Amaravati. 522238
Call Center No: 1950 ( From 10:30 am to 5 pm )
Link for important contacts: Link for contacts
BLO Office details: BLO Link
- For any Election related inquiry, please call the Helpline.
- Callcenter No. 1950 (From 10 AM - 6 PM).
- Sri Bhanwar Lal
- Chief Electoral Officer
- Phone 040-23457317 (10.30 am to 5 pm)
- Fax 040-23455781.
- E-Mail ceo_andhrapradesh[at]eci[dot]gov[dot]in
- Sri V.Venkateswara Rao
- Addl.CEO & Jt. Secretary to Govt.
- Phone 040-23451700 (10.30 am to 5 pm)
- Asst. CEO & Asst. Secretary to Govt.
- Sri M.A.Fahim Saberi
- Phone 040-23454438 (Off & Fax)
- H Block, South wing
- GA(Elections) Dept.
- A.P.Secretariat, Hyderabad., 040-23455781(Fax)
- The citizens of India who crossed 18 years of age are eligible to vote in elections in India.
- The electoral officers regularly add people who are 18 years old into the voter list.
No Fees required, if you are getting a voter ID card for the first time.
Voter ID Card is valid Forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It takes 5 to 7 weeks to receive voter ID.
- If you do not receive a registration card in the mail, contact your state election office to confirm you are registered.
Andhra Pradesh - Register As Voter (voters Id Card Or Electro Photo Identity Card)
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Voter ID card or Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is an identification card issued by the Election Commission to all eligible voters, to enable voter identification on Election Day.
- All Indian citizens who are above 18 years of age are having their rights to franchise their rights to vote. One can’t vote without a valid Voter ID
- Voter Id is considered as one of the document for applying Pan card, Ration Card, Driving License etc.
- One can get the voter id printed out through Meeseva centre
Information which might help
- A person cannot be enrolled as a voter in more than one place in the same constituency or in more than one constituency in view of the provisions contained under Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950..
- Your Voter ID card serves as general purpose identity proof, address proof and age proof such as buying a mobile phone SIM or applying for a passport.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.