Guntur - Obtain a Permanent Driver License (Car, Bike, Motorcycle)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Permanent Driver License (Car, Bike, Motorcycle) in Guntur .
- To apply for a Permanent Driver license in Andhra Pradesh, the applicant has to approach the transport office to which his area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible (18 years and above, LLR minimum 30 days and maximum 180 days time..)
- Application Forms No 4 is required. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Form 4 Link
- Medical certificate in Form 1A wherever applicable. An application for a medical certificate (Form - IA) shall contain a declaration in Form – 1.
- Please make sure you have all the required documents to process the application
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices .
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applicant has to qualify the drive test. Applicant on successful completion of test drive will be asked to get photographed for the license copy. Applicant will get the License
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link. ( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slots Link
Apply through State Portal
- Application for Permanent Driver License can be made through State Online Portal : Online Portal link
- Under “Driving License” heading select “Driving License (DL)” option to get the new screen.
- In the next screen, please select “Fresh Driving License” and click “NEXT”.
- The new screen with Driving License Instructions heading will open. Please click “ CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR DRIVING LICENCE”
- In the next screen please select appropriate option and hit “SEARCH” to reach the next screen.
- Please follow the instructions appropriately that are displayed in the follow screens for filling the application forms and making payments and uploading required documents.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application
- Link for application online :Forms Link
- Application in Form 4 : Link for Form 4
- Form 15 (those who have undergone training in a Driving School)
- Documents of vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive (such as Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under Control Certificate).
- Consent letter affixed with 2Rs stamp from vehicle owner to conduct driving test in his vehicle, if the vehicle is not owned by the applicant.
- Passport size photographs-4 copies.
- Valid Learner's License held by the applicant for the relevant class, which is older than 30 days.
- Applicants for Transport Vehicle License should enclose a Training Certificate in Form No. 5 issued by a recognized driving school.
- Original Learners License (LLR)
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Transport Office
JKC College Rd, Swarnabharathi Nagar,
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522006
Phone: 0863 235 5194
Location in map
Deputy Transport Commissioner
Bengaluru-Chennai Bypass Road (NH-4),
Andhra Pradesh 517002
Phone: 099085 77129
Location in Map
Office Of Deputy Transport Commissioner & Secretary Regional Transport Authorty
Chodimella, West Godavari, SH-43,
Gangaram Chintalapudi Road, Eluru,
Andhra Pradesh 534005
Phone: 099911 21421
Location in Map
- For driving motorcycle without gear, a candidate must have completed 16 years.
- For other vehicles, they must have completed 18 years.
- For Transport vehicles driving they should have completed 20 years.
- You should have a valid learners license (LLR).
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learners license (LLR).
- A person who is at least 20 years old and possesses a Learners License can obtain a License for driving a commercial vehicle. Also, one has to be conversant with the traffic rules and regulations in all the cases
Following link provides you fees related information : Fee Information
A Driving License for a private vehicle is valid up to a period of 20 years or an age of 50 years whichever is earlier, and 5 years thereafter. But, a commercial Driving License is valid up to three years.
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- After completion of Driving test, the License will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
- Renewal can be obtained immediately
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain A Permanent Driver License (Car, Bike, Motorcycle)
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Please a list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A driving license is an official document that states, a person may operate one or more types of motorized vehicles, such as a motorcycle, car, truck, or a bus, on a public roadway.
- Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving License issued to him, authorizing him to drive a vehicle of that particular category.
- Driving without Driving license is an offense. Incumbent has to pay penalty
- Now Driving license appointment can be sought through website.
Information which might help
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license
- Those who are under 18 years are not supposed to drive
- RTO officials has the right to decide upon the issue of license
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Guntur can be listed here.