Guntur - Obtain a Legal Heir Certificate (Succession Certificate)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Legal Heir Certificate request is applied by the citizen at the Mandal Office. This request can be accessed by the Thaasildhaar and processed.
- Application for Legal Heir Certificate can be collected from Meeseva center. Following link can provide you information related to nearest Meeseva Centers : Link for Meeseva Center
- Applicant can download form from the following link : Form Link
- Applicant has to submit the required documents along with a filled application form to the Mandal Office.
- Authorities will process the application. On completion, Applicant will be given a acknowledgement.
- The details will be processed by Thaasildhaar.
- Thaasildhaar will make an enquiry through his authorities
- MRI & VRO collect those documents from the Thaasildhaar for field level enquiry.
- Upon successful completion the report will be submitted to Thaasildhaar.
- Legal Heir certificate will be issued by Thaasildhaar based on report and verification.
- Applicant will receive the Legal heir certificate in 30 days of application
- Death certificate
- Identity Card
- Ration card
- Prescribed application form
- Proof of residence of deceased person (Voter ID / DL / Bank Pass Book etc.,)
- Spouse applies for certificate
- If the spouse survives, Aadhaar, Marriage Registration Certificate or Passport or Voter ID should be submitted
- Birth certificate or Transfer Certificate of all Children
- Self declaration of the spouse indicating all other legal heirs (including Mother-in-law if wife is the applicant)
- Child applies if parent are deceased
- Death Certificate of the parents
- Birth certificate / Aadhaar / Passport / T.C of the applicant and aadhaar card of all possible heirs
- Child (minor) applies if parents are deceased
- Death Certificate of the parents
- Birth certificate / Aadhaar / Passport / T.C of the applicant and Aadhaar card of all possible heirs
- Guardianship order issued by the Hon’ble civil court to prove relationship to the heirs
- In case of Parents or sibling apply (unmarried children deceased)
- Death Certificate of the Deceased
- Birth certificate / Aadhaar / Passport / T.C of the deceased
- Self declaration of the parents / siblings
Office Locations & Contacts
- The Director, ESD (MeeSeva),
D.No:48-9-2/1, Vishnu Nagar, Gunadala,
Vijayawada-520004, Andhra Pradesh-India,
Land Line : 0866-2452771/2772,
Fax No: 08662452765
Email ID: email@example.com
Help Line No: 18004254440 & 1100
Link for Meeseve centres : Meeseva center link
- Wife of the deceased can apply
- Son or daughter of the deceased can apply
- Father or Mother of the deceased can apply
- Sibling of the deceased can apply
- NOTE: Apart from applicant, all the other eligible members will be listed as heirs in the certificate
Stamp of Re.2/-
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 30 days.
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain A Legal Heir Certificate (Succession Certificate)
- A legal heir certificate is issued by the government for those individuals whose parent/husband is dead without leaving a will.
- To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
- In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship
- To get employments for example compassionate appointments.
- Approach the District Thasildar office with the death certificate and produce the form.
- All required documents to be submit while lodging the application.
- It will take around a month to process all the necessary information and receive the certificate.
- Deceased name
- Family member Names and Relationship
- Applicant Signature
- Date of Application
- Residential Address
Need for the Document
- If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct legal heir of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for legal-heirship certificate \ Succession Certificate on application for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc.
- If the person who died is a Government servant, legal heir certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds. Legal Heir is also provided for various other reasons as-well.
- Legal Heirs certificate is an important document in determining the rightful ownership for an asset / property in situation of sudden demise of the Owner as per document registered.
- Legal Heirs certificate plays a vital role for the prospective buyer, Loan sanction authority and all stake holders to know whom are all the right owners to deal with the proposed property
- Thaasildhaar issues Legal Heirs certificate after proper investigation by himself or through other functionaries
- When there is more than one Legal Heir, all the legal heirs must execute any Deed of Conveyance.
- At the time of registering the property the buyer should ask for the legal heirs certificate to settle the amount and also to get signature of all the eligible heirs. If he misses out this procedure, He may have to face problem which requires legal prosecution.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Legal heir certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Legal Heir Certificate can be used to establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
India.gov.in - Obtain Legal Heirship Certificate: Tamil Nadu Certificate
Form Details for: Application for Legal Heir Certificate Form
IndiaStudyChannel.com How to get a legal Heirship certificate Details
More information which might help people.