Guntur - Obtain a International Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a International Driving License in Guntur .
- One can apply their International driving license in their Regional Transport Authority Office. Link: Link for Contacts
- Please visit the RTO between 10 am and 12.30 pm because if you visit before or after this time the counter that issues coupons will be closed and you will have to return the next day.
- You can get following forms directly from RTO office
- Take the forms and fill the details. While entering your details please enter them as exactly mentioned in your license and passport.
- Now, attach a photo on the health certificate and take it to a doctor then the doctor will sign across your photo and also make a stamp impression.
- Now, come back to the RTO office and put these papers together and take it to the officer. Here the officer will also ask for the originals, he will cross check your passport and license and when satisfied, will stamp Verified : Original. He will issue a token number too.
- With that number you need to observe an electronic board that reads which token number is being called and which counter that applicant needs to go to. So, wait for your turn.
- Officer at the counter will ask you on your turn to get an ORDER by the RTO Officer.
- At the counter you need to pay a sum of 650 Rs for which you will get a receipt. The counter person will ask details of the country you are visiting and stuff. He will give back your forms.
- You might have to get the sign of the AO.
- After this, you need to get your photo taken, give your digital signature and bio metric print of your left index finger.
- Now submit your forms and credentials. The officer will take everything along with your receipt. The officer will ask for one passport photo. He will either immediately issue your IDP or ask you to return at 4 pm.
- Collect your Booklet and Card.
Apply through State Portal
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Link for Online Portal
- Under “License” menu select “Driving License (DL)” option to get the new screen.
- The new screen with “Select type of transaction” heading will open. Please click “ International Driving Permit” and hit “NEXT”
- In the next screen please select appropriate option and hit “Search” to reach the next screen.
- Please follow the screen instructions fill the application form and submit the required documents. You will also get the appointment date for visiting RTO office to process the application.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application
Application forms can be obtained from following link: Application Forms
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : forms link
- 3 to 4 of Passport size photographs (carry more just in case if needed)
- A valid permanent drivers license with validity beyond 1 year. If your license is going to expire in less than a year, you will have to get it renewed and then apply for the IDP.
- A valid passport which expires only a year later.
- A valid visa to the country you are going to visit.
- Air Tickets (Optional).
- Aadhaar Card
- Health certificate by a medical practitioner.
- Fitness certificate
- Attested copy of the permanent address proof
- A self - attested letter to the Zonal RTO requesting to authenticate International Driving Permit
- Form: CMV - 4 , CMV-1 and CMV-1A should be duly filled and submitted at the Zonal RTO, failure to do so will lead to rejection of your International Driver’s License application.
- Link for Forms:Link for Form Link for Form1aForm1 Link
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Transport Office
JKC College Rd, Swarnabharathi Nagar,
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522006
Phone: 0863 235 5194
Location in map
Deputy Transport Commissioner
Bengaluru-Chennai Bypass Road (NH-4),
Andhra Pradesh 517002
Phone: 099085 77129
Location in Map
Office Of Deputy Transport Commissioner & Secretary Regional Transport Authorty
Chodimella, West Godavari, SH-43,
Gangaram Chintalapudi Road, Eluru,
Andhra Pradesh 534005
Phone: 099911 21421
Location in Map
- You should have a valid driving license to apply.
- The validity (expiry) of such DL should have more than one year
- valid visa to the country you are going to visit
- International Driver License - 1000 INR
- Smart Card Fee - 200 INR
- Service Charge - 300 INR
Following link provides you fees related information : Fee Information
Valid for tenure of 1 year from the date of issuance. After which your DL has to be renewed again, which can be done from nearest RTO if within the country or at the Indian Embassy, if residing in foreign.
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- You will get the License same evening or maximum next day morning.
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain A International Driving License (IDL, IDP)
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Please a list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- One has to get the International Driving License to drive in overseas country
- An International Driving Permit is a permit given to existing license holders if he/she wishes to travel abroad and drive there. It is only issued by Government of that country of which the applicant is a citizen.
Information which might help
- If you’re traveling in the following countries, you do not require IDP or International Driver’s License for a period of six months.
- United States of America,
- United Kingdom,
- New Zealand,
- South Africa,
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Guntur can be listed here.