Guntur - Obtain a Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Register a Death
- Register the death of your beloved one with Mandal officers by filling up the form prescribed by the registrar. If you report orally, the registrar will enter the information in the appropriate reporting form and get your signature or thumb impression. You may have to furnish receipt from crematorium or burial ground.
- A death can be reported and registered
- by the head of the family, in case it occurs in a house.
- by the medical in-charge if it occurs in a hospital.
- by the jail in-charge if it occurs in a jail.
- by the headman of the village or the in-charge of the local police station in case the body is found deserted in that area.
For Death Certificate
- Application for death certificate can be collected from Meeseva center. Following link can provide you information related to nearest Meeseva Centers : Meeseva Link
- Application for Death Certificate can also be downloaded from : Application Link
- Fill the application form and attach all the required documents
- Go to your Meeseva center and submit the application and documents along with fees. Meeseva operator will do online process.
- The applicant will receive a application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get transaction number as text message on his registered mobile number.
- Applicant can produce the acknowledgement and receive certificate
- Proof of birth of the deceased
- Aadhaar card of the deceased
- ID card of the applicant
- Residential Proof
- Application form for Death Certificate : Form link
- An affidavit specifying the date and time of death or death slip by doctor
- Receipt from crematorium or burial ground.
Office Locations & Contacts
- The Director, ESD (MeeSeva),
D.No:48-9-2/1, Vishnu Nagar, Gunadala,
Vijayawada-520004, Andhra Pradesh-India,
Land Line : 0866-2452771/2772,
Fax No: 08662452765
Email ID: email@example.com
Help Line No: 18004254440 & 1100
Link for Meeseve centres : Meeseva center link
- Any citizen or any foreigner's legal heir, the death of whose relative takes place in the State.
- Parents and relatives of the deceased.
- The fee charges for service of death certificate is Rs 45 for a single copy.
- Application Charge : Rs.10
- Service and handling charge Rs.35
Death Certificate valid forever
Documents to Use
The concerned local body will give the form(FORM 4) free of cost in most of the places. They can also be downloaded from this link:Death Certificate. Online submission is not possible at the moment.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Once the application is filled in. The certificate can be obtained on the same day
Andhra Pradesh - Register A Death And Obtain Death Certificate
- The local bodies - Municipalities in the urban and the Mandal Revenue Office in the rural areas of the state.
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969) to register every death with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Death, with the Registrar General, India, at the centre and the Chief Registrars in States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
Please a list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- As per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, it is mandatory to register every death with the concerned State Government within 21 days of its occurrence. If not registered within 21 days, permission has to be obtained from the Registrar/Area Magistrate by paying prescribed fee for late registration and can get death certificate.
- A Death Certificate is a document issued by the Government to the nearest relatives of the deceased, stating the date, fact and cause of death.
- It is essential to register death to prove the time and date of death, to establish the fact of death for relieving the individual from social, legal and official obligations
- To enable settlement of property inheritance, the family to collect insurance and other benefits.
- Death certificate is an important official document issued for the purpose of settlement of all the belongings and benefits of the deceased individual to the relatives
Information which might help
- If you report the death within 21 days of occurrence, you can obtain free copy of the death certificate/extract after verification.
- Deaths taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.